Hello from Canada!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Angelo, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Angelo

Angelo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    Former full-framer here.

I had this realization that all my camera gear wasn't actually all that useful while sitting in a bag in the apartment. I basically didn't want to deal with lugging it around everywhere -- so I sold it all last week and am now moving to the ยต4/3 world.

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks to help figure out what I want. Now if only the darned silver E-P3 zoom kit would get in stock so I can order it!

Anyhow, I look forward to the conversations here. :)

-A

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Angelo! Best of luck with the silver E-P3 search. Look forward to seeing your images!

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Hey fellow Canuck, got your dog team ready for winter yet? Got mine!!

4. Angelo

Angelo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks for the welcome!

KVG, no, we typically don't have to deal with that or the whale-blubber lamps until late Decemeber. ;)

-A

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    That awesome!! Lucky guy

6. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome to the group! I hear that for the Canuck models there is a donut lens available in lieu of the pancake.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

7. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Angelo to the world of the E-P3....I have the black model and it is great. What makes it better is the lower price for additional quality glass. Fortunately we in Toronto have not felt winter weather yet but.......it will come!

8. Angelo

Angelo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    In Montreal, it's called a "bagel" lens. ;)

-A

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    lol. We have donut lenses here in Western Canada. The most ppopular are Boston Creme and Krullers. I think the latter is some kinda post-war Russian donut lens from KMZ.

10. Angelo

Angelo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    Well, I decided to stop waiting for the silver E-P3 to get stocked before ordering... because I'm impatient like that. Apparently it should be getting shipped tomorrow, along with an Oly 45/1.8, a Panny 20/1.7, and a VF-3.

I'm not getting my hopes up, except that I kinda am getting my hopes up. :)

-A

11. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Montreal
    Welcome from another Montrealer! I think you'll find that mu43 is to the camera world what St. Viateur is to the bagel world!