1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from Canada!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Agent_K64, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Agent_K64

Agent_K64 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi all,

I've been curious about photography for a long time and have finally decided to take the plunge, so I ordered the E-PM1, thinking it would be a decent camera for a beginner who's more used to compact point and shooters and.. cellphones. lol

At any rate, it seems you guys have a nice community here so I thought I'd stop by and say hello! And hopefully learn something, too!

See you around. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome to the forum. Where in Canada?Not Edmonton like NED:tongue: Do you have a pet polar bear too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome! Look forward to seeing your polar bear images. :biggrin:

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Welcome to the BEST forum for m43 users.
    Do you live in an igloo ? :biggrin:

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There's nothing wrong with being from Edmonton! :mad:  There have been... a few... good things come out of deadmonton!

I have a two polar bears, a team of huskies, and an arctic wolf. I <3 animals!

Welcome to the forum, K64! Did you take the photo of the cat on your avatar? If so, you got a great capture there... :thumbup:

6. Agent_K64

Agent_K64 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    Hahaha. I'm from Ottawa. No polar bears here.
    But I have seen deer in this city, and I'm not even kidding.
    And yes, that's my cat. I didn't think it would look so vicious in the picture. :biggrin:
    Feeding time is serious business.

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome K64.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    What about the moose? I thought moose were supposed to walk down every main street in Canadian cities.

9. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Ned,
    We in Ottawa have politicians running rampant in the streets. I've got a couple as pets but there are still lots of strays. Somehow there seems to be a population boom of politians over the last few days. We somehow have much fewer moose than we have politicians on our streets.

10. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Eh photoshop eh the eh eyes eh red eh! Gogogo!!! ;D

When's yer cam arrive?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

11. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Ned, stop pretending you dont have a pet polar moose, as well.

12. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    K64 great polar kitty photo, just sick it on the politicians. Ready for -100 yet? Oh can you say hi to Doug for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

13. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome K64 from Lunenburg Nova Scotia. I believe we are still part of Canada.

14. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I agree, clean up those streets of stray politicians! :thumbup:

15. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome! As you se there are many other folks here from the Great White North. if you are in Ottawa, I guess you are able to feed the polar bears with donuts AND poutine

16. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    Ahh Ottawa, nice when it's cold and the canal freezes and you can go skating/walking on it for miles!
    Been there once only (I lived in Kamloops, BC ; Moncton [DeadMoncton!], NB and Montreal, QC). Very nice little city.

17. Agent_K64

Agent_K64 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    No moose, sadly. :(  But plenty of politicians, yes.
    And as cool as it would be to sick the red-eyed (hungry) polar-kitty on said politicians, it would probably be considered as an act of terrorism. I wouldn't be able to travel and take pictures anymore!
    Ottawa is indeed a pretty nice city. As for the canal, I know people who use it for skating to work in the winter.
    As for the camera, the estimated delivery date is "on or before" Oct 5. :(  Not many places carry them in Canada, it seems (or I didn't know where to look). Ordered from Dell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.