1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Canada!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Agent_K64, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Agent_K64

Agent_K64 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi all,

I've been curious about photography for a long time and have finally decided to take the plunge, so I ordered the E-PM1, thinking it would be a decent camera for a beginner who's more used to compact point and shooters and.. cellphones. lol

At any rate, it seems you guys have a nice community here so I thought I'd stop by and say hello! And hopefully learn something, too!

See you around. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome to the forum. Where in Canada?Not Edmonton like NED:tongue: Do you have a pet polar bear too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome! Look forward to seeing your polar bear images. :biggrin:

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Welcome to the BEST forum for m43 users.
    Do you live in an igloo ? :biggrin:

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There's nothing wrong with being from Edmonton! :mad: There have been... a few... good things come out of deadmonton!

I have a two polar bears, a team of huskies, and an arctic wolf. I <3 animals!

Welcome to the forum, K64! Did you take the photo of the cat on your avatar? If so, you got a great capture there... :thumbup:

6. Agent_K64

Agent_K64 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    Hahaha. I'm from Ottawa. No polar bears here.
    But I have seen deer in this city, and I'm not even kidding.
    And yes, that's my cat. I didn't think it would look so vicious in the picture. :biggrin:
    Feeding time is serious business.

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome K64.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    What about the moose? I thought moose were supposed to walk down every main street in Canadian cities.

9. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Ned,
    We in Ottawa have politicians running rampant in the streets. I've got a couple as pets but there are still lots of strays. Somehow there seems to be a population boom of politians over the last few days. We somehow have much fewer moose than we have politicians on our streets.

10. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Eh photoshop eh the eh eyes eh red eh! Gogogo!!! ;D

When's yer cam arrive?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

11. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Ned, stop pretending you dont have a pet polar moose, as well.

12. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    K64 great polar kitty photo, just sick it on the politicians. Ready for -100 yet? Oh can you say hi to Doug for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

13. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome K64 from Lunenburg Nova Scotia. I believe we are still part of Canada.

14. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I agree, clean up those streets of stray politicians! :thumbup:

15. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome! As you se there are many other folks here from the Great White North. if you are in Ottawa, I guess you are able to feed the polar bears with donuts AND poutine

16. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    Ahh Ottawa, nice when it's cold and the canal freezes and you can go skating/walking on it for miles!
    Been there once only (I lived in Kamloops, BC ; Moncton [DeadMoncton!], NB and Montreal, QC). Very nice little city.

17. Agent_K64

Agent_K64 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2011
    No moose, sadly. :( But plenty of politicians, yes.
    And as cool as it would be to sick the red-eyed (hungry) polar-kitty on said politicians, it would probably be considered as an act of terrorism. I wouldn't be able to travel and take pictures anymore!
    Ottawa is indeed a pretty nice city. As for the canal, I know people who use it for skating to work in the winter.
    As for the camera, the estimated delivery date is "on or before" Oct 5. :( Not many places carry them in Canada, it seems (or I didn't know where to look). Ordered from Dell.