Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by fotomatix, Mar 14, 2011.

1. fotomatix

fotomatix Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Canada
    Hi there

Love digital photography. No way do I consider myself anything beyond well informed beginner. Aftern countless trials with several cameras I have come to 2 major conclusions:

a) Nothing beats CMOS like sensors when wanting to explore vivid and detailed photography (so point and shoot just does not cut it).

b) Prefer the slimmer profile (lighter more compact) offered by micro 4 thirds....I am not patient enough to handle a Canon, Nikon, Sony or etc...full size DSLR...

I purchased an E-PL2 by Olympus a few days ago. Loving it. Feels really natural to take photos with this device. Love the results.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome, and hello from Scotland :smile: I feel like you - don't want to drag a DSLR around, and love the compactness and good IQ of m4/3. Hope you have lots of fun with your excellent camera!

All the best,

Colin

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations fotomax and welcome to :43:!:biggrin:

Please post some of your photographs soon and check out the E-PL2 Image Thread.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Welcome fellow Canuck!

You made a great choice for your camera. I think you'll be happy for a long time to come with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome!

From what I know, CMOS is a sensor technology, not a size :) It does not matter much anyway, but if you get a little more serious about photo I thought it's worth mentioning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fotomatix

fotomatix Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Canada
    A good point which I corrected. I believe my grammar was misleading ...reads better now....

Thank you
    :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello fotomatix,

Welcome aboard, and you can join our raft of Canadian members!

Cheers from New England

• Like Like x 1
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome from Australia.