Hello from Cambridge

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jillpw, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jillpw

jillpw New to Mu-43

Apr 25, 2010
    I am not really entitled to join this group, as I do not yet possess a micro4/3 camera. I am using an E620 and thinking of buying an EP2. Mostly tempted by the tiltable viewfinder...

Hoping to learn a lot about mu4/3 before making the jump.
    I'm eavesdropping, really --hope nobody minds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

jillpw, eavesdropping is just fine. I'd guess that quite a few here began that way, I know I did. I, too, was researching these mu43 cameras - so welcome aboard!:biggrin:
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Howdy Jill, you'll sure wish you had your m43 camera sooner when you get one! They are awesome, i love my GF1 anyway. I don't have any older types of lenses but i bought the camera within a few days of seeing one in a shop. I never even tried it out but bought it over the phone and when it came i was so impressed with the quality of the images. It walks all over my old Sony big zoom camera and literally leaves it sitting in the dust .:smile:

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jill. You have found a great source of info here. A lot of us have come from dslrs so you are in good company.
  5. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Hope you enjoy the Forum, Jill.

Bokeh Diem
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Jill !
  7. Optical Thrombosis

Optical Thrombosis Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2010

I was an early adopter of the E-1. Then I owned the E300, and finally the E-3. The four thirds cameras are fantastic. I now just have an E-P1 with the 14-42 and the 17mm. Image quality is as good as the DSLRs (better than the E1 & E300) and sooooo convenient. As you are a current Oly E series user you will love the jump. My feeling would be to stick with Olympus rather than Panasonic as Master software is common, many accessories will be compatible (any flashguns for instance). However, its your decision - the Panys are great cameras too. Final recommedation - don't sell the E620 unless you have too - it has to be the best four thirds DSLR to date.
  8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Wellcome aboard jillpw :biggrin: