Hello from California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by macrophyllum, Sep 23, 2013.

1. macrophyllum

macrophyllum New to Mu-43

Sep 23, 2013
    Hi All,

Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I started shooting with an EM-5 in April and have been lurking on these forums since then. Finally signed up so I can participate. Looking forward to being part of the community.

If you are interested, I have a blog which is mostly backpacking related but all pictures since April have been taken with the wonderful Olympus EM-5. Feel free to have a look.

2. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area

(I had to Google angiosperms.)

I love this line.

I hear you on that.
  3. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.

This is a great group, if you have a question someone will have the correct answer. By the way, what part of California? I moved away from Stockton in 1963, and am so happy that I did. I now live in Charlotte, where I am two hours from the mountains and 2 hours away from the nearest coast, so lots of photo opportunities. Again, welcome.
  4. macrophyllum

Sep 23, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi ThomD, yeah sometimes I need to be reminded :smile:

Chuck, I live near Sacramento, also within 2 hours of the coast and mountains. I used to live in Raleigh and have been to Charlotte, nice place to live. And yeah, leaving Stockton was probably a pretty good move.

Take care,
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us! :smile:
  6. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010

Welcome to the Forum! I live in the Bay area so if ever you decide to shoot in SF and want some company, let me know. The place is always packed. :biggrin:
  7. solidsnake

solidsnake Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    sorry to plagiarize your thread title Mr. macrophyllum, i was going to edit it earlier.

My apologies.
  8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome, Adam!

Photography yes, backpacking not so much...I'm really lazy.

9. macrophyllum

Sep 23, 2013
    Thanks again for the warm welcome! No problem SolidSnake, I don't mind sharing :smile:
  10. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Welcome! :smile: