1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by fjgordy, Jul 6, 2010.

1. fjgordy

fjgordy New to Mu-43

Jul 6, 2010
    Hello everyone
    I have just picked up a Pana G2 alone with a 20mm pancake. I have been shooting nikon for a long time currently with a D700.

I have been following the g1 since it came out. The size and weight is my primary reason that got the g2. There are things that the d700 does better but I think the g2 will be the camera that I will carry most of the time and on my back country trips.

I am waiting for more choices for the super wide angle choice. I wish the 7-14 would let me use grad filters. We will see.

I am still learning to use this camera and one thing I dont like is the Silkypix. I have been using Aperture2.XX but it wont read the RAW files from panasonic. I am wondering what the user use for post processing workflow are.

Anyways looking forward to learn a great deal here

Gordon

• Like Like x 2
  2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Hello, and welcome.

I do initial RAW processing in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), then final processing in Photoshop. For special processing (focus stacking, pano stiching, etc) I may use a combination of other specialized software packages in conjunction with Photoshop. I'm looking for a good cataloging software - I haven't been able to crack Lightroom yet (I'm not smart enough to use it I think).

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Gordon, welcome and congratulations... it may be a while until the G2 raw files are widely supported - it's pretty new out.

Cheers

Brian

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Gordon, welcome and congratulations on your new G2. Perhaps there are some third party scripts you can use while you're waiting for Aperture to update its cameras (I'm waiting for them to add in the Oly E-PL1)? We have some very knowledgeable Aperture members, if you're interested...

Right now we have the Software section where we have a variety of discussions about Aperture and other post processing software, if you feel like posting in there about your G2 and its RAW needs.

Meanwhile, I do look forward to seeing some of your photos and to your involvement across the boards.

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Gordon, welcome here ! Congrats on your G2 !

6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

7. fjgordy

fjgordy New to Mu-43

Jul 6, 2010
    Thank you I will definitely check out the software section

Gordon

8. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Nice pick!

I often wonder if the Pany folks who designed the 7-14 were thinking, 'Hey, what the heck, let them do the graduated ND effect in Photoshop.'

Hope you are enjoying your new outfit,

Bokeh D