1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by edwardconde, Nov 8, 2012.

1. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi All,

I am soon to be owner of an Oly E-PL1 (black) body in the next coming days. I currently own a Pentax K-5 dslr... I bought the EPL1 from Amazon at a bargain price of $119. This is my first mirrorless / m4/3 camera. Really excited to see what this system will offer me. My plan is to use this for family events where bring the K-5 would be too much lug around. Plus at the price it is very low price to pay to mess around and see how it will fit. I also bought a Pentax - M4/3 adapter with Aperture control. This way i can use my Limited glass and vintage glass I have collected for my K-5. I am looking to purchase an all around lens (probably a kit lens) for those family trips/events.

A little about me... Photography is a hobby for me.. A pass time if you will. I have been shooting with a dslr type since 2010. But always had a camera of some kind since I was 8. I edit solely on my iPad and use various applications to create my art. I have completed a Project 365 in 2011 and currently involved in a Project 52 for 2012.

You can find me at the following sites
    Edward Conde (edwardconde) on about.me
    Flickr:
    My blog on Moku Hanga art on tumblr at The Mokuist

I will be updating my signature here with all my other contact info such as Twitter & G+

I am really excited to get my hands on the E-PL1....
    Thanks for reading...

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum. Good choice buying the adapter - gives you lots of lens options right off the bat. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.