Hello from Calgary, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by timaucoin, Feb 14, 2014.

1. timaucoin

timaucoin New to Mu-43

Feb 14, 2014
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Tim
    Thought I'd pop in and say hi! Glad I found this forum. :smile:

Up until last year, I shot Nikon DSLR, and like most that I've been reading on here, it just got too bulky and heavy to travel with (my wife & I cruise a lot!!). Sold all of our gear in early 2013 and bought all new EM-5 kits and some primes. My wife sort of lost interest in the "bigger" cameras and prefers using her iPhone to take her pics!! :roll eyes: But... she takes some good ones, I must admit... she has an eye for composing! Last year flew by in a blink and I hadn't really used my EM-5 much at all (learned how to check it and it had a whopping 914 shots taken on it). When 2014 hit, I made a promise to myself to get back into my passion of Photography and start shooting much more often. I got on the computer and started reading some blogs, reviews, etc.. Checked out the Olympus site and what did I see but the OM-D E-M1 (new to me) body AND the 12-40 f2.8 lens!!!!! Well, I just had to have it! :big grin: You see, I LOVE the latest and greatest stuff, and although I know the E-M5 was still an excellent body, there were features in the E-M1 that I just had to have... Wifi being one of the huge ones for me. So, I (very quickly) sold the E-M5 kits on Kijiji to some very happy new homes and purchased myself the E-M1 kit. I kept a few primes and the flash and am ready to get going now!

I found this forum today and LOVE some of the stuff I'm reading here. Looking forward to being an active participant as I get back to my passion!

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Tim, welcome from Detroit!

Regards,

Jim

3. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Lots of Calgarians on this forum, my self included.

4. timaucoin

timaucoin New to Mu-43

Feb 14, 2014
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Tim
    Thanks for the welcome! :)

That's great to know! Do you know if any folks ever do a local gathering or organize photo walks or such??

5. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Hi. Welcome to the forum! :smile:

Just thought I would mention, the Panasonic GH4 is the newest latest and greatest. :eek:

So, how much for the E-M1? :happy-084:

6. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Welcome from Toronto!