Hello From Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by SamSam, Apr 26, 2010.

1. SamSam

SamSam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Hi everyone. I'm excited to have finally joined this site having surfed the pages for a long time (perhaps since the very start last year). Anyways, I like the friendly atmosphere and the trade of good info. I hope I can add some positive input.

All the best,

sam

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome Sam.......
    Sam from Brooklyn....hmmmmmm

anyway..... if ya have any questions or issues, give me a ring and I'll do what I can.....

Sam from Brooklyn.....hmmmmm

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Sam, welcome aboard. There are a bunch of New Yorkers here, including some Manhattanites. I think you may be our first from Brooklyn, so congratulations!

What kind of camera do you have or are you still in the decision making mode? Very glad you decided to introduce yourself.:wink:

4. adam

adam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Maryland
    Nope, I'm from Brooklyn too...my first shot with my G1 and 7-14 will be of the Brooklyn Bridge...if someone ever buys my E-30 :rolleyes:

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Sam. Thanks for joining the discussion!

7. SamSam

SamSam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks Streetshooter. I must admit, I'm not sure what you mean or what you're referring to when you say "sam from brooklyn...hmmm". But again thank you for your offer to help.
    BBW, I use a GF1 with the 20mm. I have a 14-45mm as well, but for some reason I really don't enjoy using it as much. It feels like a burden to own, because knowing I have it I feel like I must carry it with me. However, I would say 99% of the time I use the 20mm. As for being from Brooklyn, you had me very excited to be the first one. However, I guess Adam beat me to it. Perhaps I can be the first from BedStuy?
    Adam, good to know you're from Brooklyn as well. I can't wait to see your Brooklyn Bridge shot, so I hope someone does buy your E-30.
    hodad66, thanks for the welcoming. How did you choose your screen name?
    Amin, thanks for a great site. It has been very helpful. I'm glad to officially be a part of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Sam

9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Sam,
    I know a really good shooter from Brooklyn. I thought maybe you were him...and in fact you still could be.... I call him Sam from Brooklyn and he calls me...well...forget that part.....
    shooter

10. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Sam, welcome to the forum - please make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

11. BBW

Well, Sam, you many not be the first member from Brooklyn, but I'm pretty sure you're the first to introduce yourself.:wink:

So Adam, here's a welcome to you, too.:biggrin:

Glad to have you both here whatever parts you're from.:thumbup:

12. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Sam ! Thanks for joining us .

13. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    sam i deboard the train in brooklyn , but according to the post office live in queens

welcome from nyc !

14. adam

adam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Maryland
    I've only been on the forum for about a week, so I didn't really beat you...

Welcome nonetheless!

15. BBW

Glad to have you here, Adam and I look forward to hearing more from you.:wink:

16. SamSam

SamSam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Thank you Enrique, Brian, BBW, Herman for welcoming me, and thank you adam for sharing the credit of being the first member from Brooklyn.
    That's funny Cosinaphile. In a similar manner, I live in BedStuy, but according to my neighbors, we live in Fort Greene.
    Glad I joined and I look forward to the new bodies and lenses coming out.