Hello from British Columbia, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by taurus9, Feb 3, 2012.

1. taurus9

taurus9 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    BC, Canada
    Hi,

I purchased an. EPL1 to start my experience of M43 along with a 20mm 1.7 and a 12mm 2.0. Must say that out of all the systems out there, the M43 system has the lens lineup that appeals to my style of photography the most and would complement my current gear.

I am currently using a Pentax KX and have gotten superb results from adapted manual focus lenses such as the Leica Summicron R 35mm and Zuiko 90mm Macro. The IQ is great, but alas the convenience and ease of use is not there. My wife keeps bothering me to get with the times and use Autofocus.

So looking for a system with fast small prime lenses led to the EPL1 which was the gateway to the nice M43 lenses. I am hoping to add the 45mm 1.8 and perhaps the rumored 75mm 1.8. I really enjoy how light and small these primes are. I remembered picking up the package for the 12mm and 20mm from the courier and it was so light that I thought they forgot to put the lenses in there! Ever since using the EPL1 with the 20mm it makes even a small DSLR like the Kx with an old metal prime lens feel heavy and bulky.

Thanks for reading, and hope to post more in these forums.

2. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    hello from another provincial...from vancouver originally before i started teaching in korea.

the epl1 was my gateway camera into the world of mfts. you wont be disappointed, as the images are quite crisp and excellent. the 45mm was awesome on my epl1.

the 20mm with epl1 combo was one that i used extensively for a long time!

3. rajeshr

rajeshr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Hello and welcome from a fellow British Columbian from the Island! :biggrin: What part of BC are you from?

I got into m43 after getting tired of lugging around my 43 equipment and have been extremely satisfied with my E-P3 and my current set of lenses.

Currently have the kit 14-42mm, Panny 7-14mm, Oly 45mm 1.8 and should be getting my Panny 25mm today! :2thumbs:

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome to the forum! I'm from Alberta, and also come from the Four-Thirds DSLR system. I still use my Four-Thirds lenses on my PENs.

5. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Welcome from your neighbor to the north, Yukon!

If you have a lot of lenses for your K-x they are easily adapted to the :u43:.

6. taurus9

taurus9 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    BC, Canada
    I live in the lower mainland. Originally from Ont but moved here to study and ended up staying here.

I don't mind lugging around my dslr since I really like the output and the responsiveness..but it sure is nice carrying a light kit..heck, even if I get the 45mm, all 3 primes put togther will weigh about the same as one of the old MF SLR primes.

Congrats on the 25mm..I had a hard time deciding between it and the 20mm but size and cost won out.

7. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Welcome from the lower mainland!

8. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Welcome, another Canuck is always a site for sore eyes.

9. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

10. rajeshr

rajeshr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    A fellow ex-Ontarion to boot! Originally from Ottawa, but work drove me to Victoria!