Hello from Bremen - Germany

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by re-note, Feb 19, 2010.

1. re-note

re-note Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2010
    Bremen -Germany
    For some weeks past I have been following the discussions to gather some information as to what to buy from pana or oly in the emerging m43 systems.

As to now I am totally undecided. E-P2 would suit me fine but for the slow AF-speed.:rolleyes:
    I am preoccupied with concert photography and have to deal with low light conditions more than I care. So a snappy AF plus anti-shake with any lens would be some alleviation to my present pana FZ 50, which is very good for classical music due to almost unhearable shuttersound, but for all that noise...

For the last forty years I have been a Leica R addict with excursions into medium format.

Now I have become curious what will turn up in the m43 field in the near future

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to MU-43.com, re-note and I'm very glad you've "uncloaked" and introduced yourself.:smile: I feel sure that you'll get some very useful help here regarding the decision you're about to make on the camera given your specific needs. Glad you've come onto the board and I look forward to your input very much!

You may find it helpful to ask your questions within the specific camera sections where more members are apt to see them, though I know some of the regulars will definitely stop in here, too.
  3. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

4. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Welcome Rolf!
    It's a nice place here with members from all over the globe.

As a R-shooter you must have a Summilux or Cron 50mm, or?
    So together with the EP-2 you get a fast 100mm telelens which can be easily focused by the really good viewfinder with it's high resolution and fast refreshing rate.
    The antishake will do the fine rest.
    For me the 35mm Cron, the 50mm Cron and for wildlife:rolleyes: the 90mm Tele-Elmarit together with a Novoflex adapter transform the lenses into m4/3.
    For closer distances the 20mm pancake from Panasonic is a must! The other m4/3 lenses are not so fast.....
  5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome re-note to the premier mu 4/3rds site.:2thumbs:
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi re-note, welcome to our forums!
  7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Rolf to this great m43 community.

Kind regards, Herman
  8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome to the home of m4/3rds Rolf!

With a Leica R to m4/3rds adapter, and the E-P2 stabilisation + high res EVF - you would have a wonderful, relatively quiet system for concert photography...

I use a Hexanon 135mm f2.5 for this kind of thing, and it does a superb job.

9. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Welcome! or is it Welcommen?

Enjoy! :2thumbs:
  10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome in German

It is herzlich willkommen :smile: