Hello from Boston.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mpg01, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Hey all.

I've been lurking about here for a few months and found this site to be invaluable. The wealth of information, reviews, opinions and all the really wonderful work many of you display here is truly outstanding.

I have a few adapted lens samples I'll be sharing at some point soon. I'm also usually on the prowl for deals and will certainly share any that seem worthwhile.

I discovered :43: quite by accident. I had been attempting macro photography with my trusty iPhone when I decided to get serious and find a decent camera. I currently shoot an E-PL1 with an eye toward going OM-D as soon as I'm sure I can justify it.

In any case, hello.
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome! From Boston!
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    +1 Welcome from Boston :)
  4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Welcome from Virginia, formerly from Fall River.
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome from Detroit!

6. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    Welcome, form Metro West.
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! :smile:
  8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Welcome! I'm originally from the Boston area too.

About the OM-D: It's an easy camera to justify! The kit lens is capable of some very nice macro, and it's just one of the nicest and most versatile all-round shooters out there. The image quality is great; it's almost endlessly customizable; and the controls are easy to use and easy to find. And m43 in general has the best and most inclusive lineup of native lenses of any of the new mirrorless systems. It's one man's opinion, but it really is one of the most enjoyable and capable cameras I've ever shot with.

Anyway, welcome aboard!