1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from Berkeley, CA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kingduct, Oct 12, 2013.

1. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Hi folks,
    I've read lots here on the forum. I did a lot of photography with a Minolta SRT-201 manual SLR back in the early '90s, before dropping hobby photography for about 15 years, though I kept taking lots of snapshots.

About 2 years ago I picked up a cheap Olympus E-PL1, an adapter for my old MD mount lenses, and was wowed by how good digital cameras had become. I later bought the pair of 19mm and 30mm Sigma lenses when they were really cheap in January and loved them as well.

Last month, I sold my camera and the kit lens cheap to family in South America who needed a good, small camera, and I just bought a G5 with the 14-42 kit lens and the 45-150 zoom.

I'm just getting used to it and have been reading tons of threads on here about m43 cameras. I'm usually a lurker on forums, but the crew here seems really nice, so I thought I'd say hello.

2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Welcome,

Glad you joined and I agree that the community here can be very helpful.

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Kingduct!

That Minolta SRT-201 was a fine camera :thumbup:. I used X700 and X370 bodies and never had a complaint.

Regards,

Jim

4. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Yeah, the SRT-201 was awesome. I still have it, though I haven't taken a photo on it since the 20th century. I did pick it up after buying the E-PL1 just to compare sizes -- wow, old SLRs were big! But those old lenses were also fabulous and being able to occasionally use the Rokkor 50/1.4 has been a treat.