Hello from Berkeley, CA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kingduct, Oct 12, 2013.

1. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Hi folks,
    I've read lots here on the forum. I did a lot of photography with a Minolta SRT-201 manual SLR back in the early '90s, before dropping hobby photography for about 15 years, though I kept taking lots of snapshots.

About 2 years ago I picked up a cheap Olympus E-PL1, an adapter for my old MD mount lenses, and was wowed by how good digital cameras had become. I later bought the pair of 19mm and 30mm Sigma lenses when they were really cheap in January and loved them as well.

Last month, I sold my camera and the kit lens cheap to family in South America who needed a good, small camera, and I just bought a G5 with the 14-42 kit lens and the 45-150 zoom.

I'm just getting used to it and have been reading tons of threads on here about m43 cameras. I'm usually a lurker on forums, but the crew here seems really nice, so I thought I'd say hello.
  2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD

Glad you joined and I agree that the community here can be very helpful.
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard, Kingduct!

That Minolta SRT-201 was a fine camera :thumbup:. I used X700 and X370 bodies and never had a complaint.

4. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Yeah, the SRT-201 was awesome. I still have it, though I haven't taken a photo on it since the 20th century. I did pick it up after buying the E-PL1 just to compare sizes -- wow, old SLRs were big! But those old lenses were also fabulous and being able to occasionally use the Rokkor 50/1.4 has been a treat.