1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Bay Area by way of NYC

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dfigueroa84, Nov 11, 2011.

1. dfigueroa84

dfigueroa84 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    What's up! I'm new to mu-43 and new to forums in general; other than lurking in the shadows and reading the good info you guys preach. I'm not really new to photography but I am new to m43 cameras. Mostly a street photographer but traveling and portraits are cool too.

I first posted on this site because I'm interested in trading a G2 for an EPL2. Pancakes welcome. As time goes on and I get the gear I want, I'll try my best to contribute to the great community that is mu-43.com. Looking forward to it all.

2. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome from another bay area person, though I'm really more active on our sister site (seriouscompacts.com).

3. dfigueroa84

Nov 10, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    Cool! Maybe when I moved up to Temescal from boring Fremont, you can let me in on some places to shoot at. The nitty gritty and the postcard ops.

4. Ihavenewfs

Ihavenewfs Mu-43 Regular

Welcome welcome from a former Bay Area native - went to school at UC Berkeley and lived there until hubby swept me away to Houston :-( Living in Michigan now (Detroit area) and much happier.

I've been shooting with an EPL-2 since March and like it very much...but...I still use my my trusty D300 for work (boss calls it my "real camera").

Look forward to seeing your pics!

5. dfigueroa84

Nov 10, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    Thank you! I'm sure the epl2 is excellent but i couldn't pick trades and a gf1 with 20mm was offered and i love it! reminds me of a minolta cle with 40mm rokkor or a leica cl. I'm a very happy camper now!

I went to Berkeley the other day, just checking it out, and it reminds me of a college community like NYU's West Village. Eclectic and young. The vibe there is excellent.

Excellent Gallery you have at pbase by the way. I can spend hours going through it.

• Like Like x 1