1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Barrie, ON & Happy WMFTPD!!!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by SammiJ0, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SammiJ0

SammiJ0 New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Barrie, ON
    Greetings!

I am a hobbyist photographer who likes to dabble and experiment, I was very much into video production and editing in my past life but I didn't like shooting a camera unless it was for a still image.

My first photo camera was a Minolta 9xi. I loved it. It was a hand me down from someone very dear who once shot fast moving things. I tried shooting fast moving things and had fun with skateboarders and other people on wheels. I loved having to wait for my film to come back. I very much miss the anticipation and reveal of those days.

I had my Minolta so long by the time it was ripped from my life I was gifted a DSLR, A Canon Rebel XT. I didn't like how it felt. Everything was plastic, the weight was gone. It was big without being big. I was disenchanted. The rebel was returned and photography fell off my plate for a few years.

Then one day I was walking through a mall, which I never do and I found the Nikon J1? I was intrigued. Mirrorless SLR? What is this? So I went home and read a few things.

I went back to the shop and started playing with all the micro 4/3 cameras.... then I saw a REALLY great price sticker on Panasonic GF2 with the 14-42 lens. Plus it was RED! The price was comparable to a point and shoot I was looking at picking up but this seemed much more fun so I impulsively bought it with no idea how to use it and here I am.

I didn't like the lens that came with it so I picked up a 14mm f2.5 wide angle

Now I want the 20mm f1.7 + another battery

:love:
    Sam

2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Yo Sam :smile:

3. SammiJ0

SammiJ0 New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Barrie, ON
    Yo!
    Germ counter eh?
    Do you work in a lab or infection control?
    ...Perhaps I have it all wrong and you count children.

4. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    :rofl:
    No , thought it was more interesting than builder !