Hello from Barrie, ON & Happy WMFTPD!!!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by SammiJ0, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SammiJ0

SammiJ0 New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Barrie, ON
    Greetings!

I am a hobbyist photographer who likes to dabble and experiment, I was very much into video production and editing in my past life but I didn't like shooting a camera unless it was for a still image.

My first photo camera was a Minolta 9xi. I loved it. It was a hand me down from someone very dear who once shot fast moving things. I tried shooting fast moving things and had fun with skateboarders and other people on wheels. I loved having to wait for my film to come back. I very much miss the anticipation and reveal of those days.

I had my Minolta so long by the time it was ripped from my life I was gifted a DSLR, A Canon Rebel XT. I didn't like how it felt. Everything was plastic, the weight was gone. It was big without being big. I was disenchanted. The rebel was returned and photography fell off my plate for a few years.

Then one day I was walking through a mall, which I never do and I found the Nikon J1? I was intrigued. Mirrorless SLR? What is this? So I went home and read a few things.

I went back to the shop and started playing with all the micro 4/3 cameras.... then I saw a REALLY great price sticker on Panasonic GF2 with the 14-42 lens. Plus it was RED! The price was comparable to a point and shoot I was looking at picking up but this seemed much more fun so I impulsively bought it with no idea how to use it and here I am.

I didn't like the lens that came with it so I picked up a 14mm f2.5 wide angle

Now I want the 20mm f1.7 + another battery

:love:
    Sam

2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Part time philistine

Aug 10, 2011
    Yes
    Forgot
    Yo Sam :smile:

3. SammiJ0

SammiJ0 New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Barrie, ON
    Yo!
    Germ counter eh?
    Do you work in a lab or infection control?
    ...Perhaps I have it all wrong and you count children.

4. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Part time philistine

Aug 10, 2011
    Yes
    Forgot
    :rofl:
    No , thought it was more interesting than builder !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.