Hello from Bangkok, Thailand

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sudyod, Apr 3, 2012.

1. sudyod

sudyod New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Hi Everyone,

I've been using this web site for finding m4/3 info for about 6 months. Now it is a good for me to sign up. My current weapons are GF1, P7-14, PL45/2.8, P20/1.7 and P14-140. I used to use EPL2, G3, GX1 and P25/1.4 and I am waiting for new body, G5 or EM5 now.

Thanks.
    Sudyod

2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Hello and welcome; I just joined too. I was in your country and in Laos during November and early December 2011. Spent Loy Krathong in Sukhothai, then caught the last two days of it in Chiang Mai. Then went to a Hmong festival in Phonsavon, Laos. I'll post some shots here one day. I used an E-P2 and E-PM1 for my trip, with the 14-42mm, the 45mm f1.8 Olympus and the Panasonic 20mm, f1.7. Also the 40-150 f3.5-4.5 Zuiko digital through an adapter.

I'm hoping my weather sealed E-M5 and 12-50mm arrives before I join (and get soaked) at the Songkran celebration here later this month.

Sawadee Kap!

• Like Like x 1
  3. sudyod

sudyod New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Thank you Lawrence! I'm so glad when hearing you and other people know or like my country. Anyway I'd tell you that Songkran is the biggest festival in Thailand and it is a signature of country too, so please don't miss to come back and join.

PS. Songkran festival will start about April 13rd - 15th.

4. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Hello and welcome. Let's see some of your work. I'll be passing through Bangkok next month on my way to Phuket.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Wait. I'm in Bangkok. The Monk procession through Central today was something wasn't it.

Where's a good place to pick up old used cheap MF glass? I went to Chatuchak and Klong Thom. Nothing. I'm trying Ban Mo tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome! I love Thailand, hope to be back sooner or later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Welcome Sudyod! Never been to Thailand, but would love to go someday. I'm sure you've taken some great shots there. You should post if you get the change :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. sudyod

sudyod New to Mu-43

Apr 3, 2012
    Thank you everyone! Thailand, the land of smile is waiting for you.

Lenshoarder, for the old used MF glass, if you have much time, you could try MBK and Pantip Plaza(actually Pantip is a good place for a cheap brand new camera) but not sure if these place has old used MF glass. My friends usually buy MF glass from this web site, Manual Focus Club -

PS.I will post my shots soon.
    Thanks

10. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Dude, thanks. I've been to MBK and Pantip. I came up dry. Nothing used and the prices for new gear are far higher than back in the US or online. Both 14mm and 20mm Panny lenses were in the 15,000 baht range, about $500. I'll keep walking the streets. I'm going to try Ban Mo and the market along the river today.

• Like Like x 1