Hello from Baltimore

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by 996gt2, Oct 27, 2010.

1. 996gt2

996gt2 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2010
    Hi everyone!

I am currently a third-year university student at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. I began digital photography about 5 years ago with a Sony DSC-V1 and progressed to a used Canon 300D a few years later. Since then, I've stuck with DSLRs, shooting mainly with Canon and Nikon cameras. However, the bulk of my 5D meant that it was not convenient to take everywhere with me. As a result, I recently bought an E-PL1 as a more compact companion to my Canon 5D. I took both cameras on a trip to NYC last weekend and was really impressed with the PL1's performance! The kit lens was a bit slow to focus, but the image quality was excellent! The PL1's small size and unassuming profile also makes it an awesome camera for street photography.

Here are a few shots I took over the weekend:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello from New York to you down there in Baltimore, 996gt2! Welcome and thanks for your introduction. I just took a look at your photos from your trip to Manhattan - you've done really well with your E-PL1. That one of the Flatiron Building is my favorite - so nice to see it in its full glory!
  3. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Ah yes, Johns Hopkins, the school that is a McDaniel College wanna be. ;)

4. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Welcome neighbor! I'm about 45 minutes north of you. I love the squirrel photo.

Narnian: I used to live across the street from McDaniel when it was still Western Maryland College. I'd take my sons for walks there to see the caboose.
  5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and hello from Scotland :smile:
  6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I graduated from there in 76.
  7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010