Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Robbie T, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Robbie T

Robbie T New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Hi Guys

My name is Robert and im from the land of Aus. Im 27 years old and relatively new to the world of photography, well i have always enjoyed photography but now have just purchased a GF1 (14-45mm Lens), so starting to get into it a bit more. Reading these forums for the past week or so i can see there is alot to learn and there are some knowledgeable people here, hopefully which will help me to learn to take better photos. Anyway thanks for having me and here are a couple of my first shots with the GF1. Hope you like them!!
    • Like Like x 5
  2. agpr

agpr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Heraklion, Crete
    Do I have the honor to welcome you first?
    Welcome and I hope you post more photos from Australia.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

G'day Robert.
    Funny but I usually call Canberra the coldest place in the world, but that might be a bit of a stretch considering what our antipodean comrades are going through at the moment.
    Still, I'll be there in July as a launching pad to the get to the Thredbo ski slopes.
    Probably will be the coldest place in the world again by then!

I like your pics and processing. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of the GF1.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Robert from Holland !
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Hi Robert! Welcome to mu-43!

another Aussie! oi
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Robert - quite a few Aussies here.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Robbie T

Robbie T New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Thanks Guys

So far i am loving the camera, keen to keep learning aswell. I am off to Abu Dhabi next week so hopefully i can bring back some nice shots from there.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Robert, and Hello from Scotland. Thanks for sharing your nice photos :smile:

All the best,

9. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    Hello from Aust as well!

Hi All, another new memeber from down under. Also picked up a GF1 late last year, with the chance of taking some shots during my holidays in China and Malaysia.

Very new to photography, but for a Industrial designer as a profession, i'm hoping to use photography to elevate my perception into this wonderful hobby.

I mainly take food shots as i looovvveee food, but really want to experiment all aspect of photography.

All comments welcome, and hope to learn heaps from this wonderful forum.

- Andy

• Like Like x 2
  10. russell

russell Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    Victoria, Australia
    Andy, you're not allowed to make our mouths water like that without telling us what the dish is :).
  11. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hi Robbie T.
    welcome to another Aussie MU43 user. I have just purchased a GF-1 body to use with my G1 and 14-45, 45-200 and 20mm Panasonic lenses. I find the gear great to use, if a little different to DSLR Pro gear that I used for work. Your are correct this is a great forum, with many world wide users, and some great conversation.
  12. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Nice Robbie, looks like you have been playing in the 'Gong.
  13. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi.

Welcome Rob and Andy. Good place to chill, this is.

See ya round like a sausage roll

14. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Andy and Robbie T - welcome to you both in this double intro thread!:biggrin:

Great shots and next up, I'll be looking forward to more of them in the image threads. :biggrin:
  15. Robbie T

Robbie T New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    You guessed it Peter!!

Thats where im originally from and was there over the xmas holidays so what better place to start playing with the camera.