Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Pamela, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Pamela

Pamela New to Mu-43

Oct 11, 2010
    Hello, I have just joined this forum. After much deliberataion I am currently in the market for an e-p2. I am sure I will love it and I am sure I will get a lot of knowledge from this great forum. I have owned several Olympus cameras over the years. Cheers from Geelong, Victoria

• Like Like x 6
  2. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    hello and welcome! I'm also a local native, from around the other side of the bay though!

I have an E-pl1 and would recommend it! if you were considering panasonic, i'd probably go a gf1 for similar body, or gh2 for the "latest and greatest"*

*to be contended

in short,
    Welcome :)

3. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Hello from another Aussie over the border.

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Pamela. I'm from the low countries (Holland).

5. Pamela

Pamela New to Mu-43

Oct 11, 2010
    Thank you for your kind welcome. To Kosta, - I did consider the Panasonics, but no built in IS with them. I will certainly look at the Pan 20mm f/1.7 though. Only today I have discovered a new edition of the e-p2 sporting a black retro 'F' lens cap and black 17mm lens to be released this month in Europe. May not come to Oz though and could be quite 'exxy'.
    Pam

• Like Like x 4
  6. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Welcome. There is a strong Australian presence here.

The retro Pen F style lens cap is cute. I think it is matched to a black version of the 17m lens. Don't know if it is available here or not.

Cheers

Peter

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Glad to have you here, Pamela! Yes, it's true the Australian delegation seems to be growing all the time!

Good luck on your hunt for that perfect PEN. The E-P2 is a classic beauty, there's no doubt about it.:thumbup:

8. HCM

HCM New to Mu-43

Oct 10, 2010
    The Hague
    Hello and Welcome,I am also new here

9. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  10. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Oh how I would love to visit Tuscany......the land of great wines, great food, great people and beautiful scenery!! My daughter has visited but the closest that I have been is to Venice!

11. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hi Pamela,
    another Aussie and Victorian here. I use a Panasonic G1, with 20mm, 14-45m, amd 45-200mm lenses. Spent 8 weeks housesitting near Geelong earlier this year, lovely city and beautiful scenery. Although it was winter I still got the camera out and took some beaut shots. Good luck with your purchase, I don't regret changing to mu43.
    Cheers DUD

12. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome - great to have you here.

13. Bill

Bill Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill (really)
    Welcome from sunny (well, not this week anyway) Queensland.

I'm on the Panasonic side of the fence, but my daughter is an E-PL1 owner. Both Panasonic and Olympus have much to recommend them -- you can't go to far wrong no matter what you decide.

14. Pamela

Pamela New to Mu-43

Oct 11, 2010
    Thank you again for the welcomes. Today I bought the e-p2 with the zoom. As I wait for it's arrival I will make a study of the wonderful posts here, so much to learn. I intend to mend my ways and take photos and not just be a collector of equipment. I have a shelf of lovely Minolta glass decreasing in value every day, very sad. I noticed a stunning sunflower photo in b & w here, to note but one, - so inspiring. Cheers, Pam