1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from australia. Late to the party

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Pav, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Pav

Pav Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2014
    Gold Coast
    Hi all!

I live on the gold coast, australia, i've been a film shooter for quite some time.... then moved to a nikon v1 kit which i adored for the fast focus, but... it just never quite felt right in the hand. so i have just picked up a Panasonic Gx1 body for next to nothing i plan to use with some manual lenses, and possibly pick up the pancake 20 and power zoom for a little travel combo :)  (minimal investment to foray into a new system)
    hope to be a regular poster here! been browsing for a while and seems like this is a very active forum, which is great!

i like to shoot life around me, some wildlife, people, places, nothing professional, just for fun. Just documenting my life and the life of my friends and family :) 

anyway, a big hello to you all!

2. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    Welcome to the party - don't think of it as late, think of your arrival as fashionable ;-)

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard - feel free o jump right in!

4. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome - seems to be a few Aussies here, so I'm sure you'll fit right in. you'll love your new camera - manual focus lenses are a joy on MFT, I think...

Z...

5. NoTan2

NoTan2 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Newcastle NSW Australia
    Paul
    For a country with a small population, we do pretty well, don't we? :smile:

Welcome, Pav.

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    G'day mate!

7. Pav

Pav Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2014
    Gold Coast
    Cheers everyone! Good to see quite a few of us Aussies on here. Where I'm from I Don't see that many m43 users. Mainly canon and Nikon DSLR boys...
    I certainly don't envy them. Carrying all that weight!

Sent from my XT1033 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Welcome! There is a strong Aussie contingent here on Mu-43, and all are a friendly bunch!

9. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    I think there must be at least some μ43 users on the Gold Coast - I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of shelf space given to Olympus at the camera shop at Pacific Fair when I visited last year. I reckon they had every current Olympus μ43 body and lens on display.:2thumbs:

10. Pav

Pav Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2014
    Gold Coast
    Yeah a few camera shops here have lots on display which is great :)  but outside in the real world I don't see many people shooting them here? I suppose that's because they are easier to tuck away and carry when not in use than a bulky SLR :-D

Sent from my XT1033 using Mu-43 mobile app

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Giday Pav. Welcome 'ere. I'm from near Toowoomba way, few Queenslanders represent!

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

icon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.