Hello from Austin

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JustShootMe, Feb 23, 2011.

1. JustShootMe

JustShootMe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2011
    Austin TX
    Hello fellow photo nuts.

I'm new to this forum, but have been active on some of the other forums around the net. I'm primarily a Nikon shooter (hobby) but have gotten tired or lugging around all that gear, so here comes micro four thirds. I recently purchased an EP1 for the second time and remember what I loved about it the first time.... It's a great camera.

You can call me Charles btw ...

Here's a photo from Sunday just for fun

Ep1 - Panny 20mm

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostnjboro/5464180270/" title="Ep1 - Pany 20 1.7 by lostnjboro, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="361" alt="Ep1 - Pany 20 1.7" /></a>
    • Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Charles, welcome and thank you for your intro and your photograph - what a view!

So this is your second time around with the E-P1? I guess that it is sort of like marrying one's marrying one's "ex" for the second time around...you know what you're in for. Obviously you and the E-P1 do very well together.:thumbup:

By all means, if you'd like, add your Flickr stream to your signature line and please make yourself at home, Charles.:biggrin:
  3. JustShootMe

Feb 23, 2011
    Austin TX
    Thanks for the warm welcome .. I'm sure you'll hear lots from me :)

I'm a photo junkie.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Glad to see you here Charles. I used to live down in Dripping Springs close to the Salt Lick BBQ joint out in the country. I know you have lots of opportunities for interesting shots down there in Austin.:smile:
  5. JustShootMe

Feb 23, 2011
    Austin TX
    Thanks Tex ..

Yeah Austin is definately a super scenic area, lots of amazing landscapes and way to many festivals. I'm still new to Austin so everything is intersting to me, I do love the Hill country, photographers dream.

6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Charles,

Welcome aboard. Nice to have you here, and to see you too!

How about swinging by and posting in "the other side of the lens"

Cheers, From New England

7. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Welcome. I live in the DFW area. But I try to get down to Austin every couple of months or so for some street shooting. I love Austin, it is one of my favorite places.