Hello from Ashland, Virginia; Center of the Universe!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tandemnut, Oct 31, 2010.

1. tandemnut

tandemnut New to Mu-43

Oct 31, 2010
    Ashland, Virginia
    Hi there - I'm the founder and president of SMASH Direct. Used Camera Buyer - Your Best Choice for Selling Your Used Cameras and Equipment.
    We are shutterblade and shutterbladeoutlet on eBay

As the owner of this company, I have access to all kinds of camera gear (are you drooling yet?).

For all but very fast sports action photography, I have been using MFT format for about 6 months now for all of my personal photography and videography. (for fast sports action, my go to setup is the 1D Mk III paired with a 300 2.8 IS). Hopefully soon, MFT will have a fast enough body and lens combo - I hear the GH2 is 5 frames per sec! Now all we need is a 200 f/2.8 or maybe a 150 f/2.0 MFT lens!!!

My lineup is based around a GH1 body. It is a hackable serial number but I haven't hacked it YET (too scared of what might happen). I basically have all the Panasonic lenses now and I'm really looking forward to the new 14mm prime that Panny will release soon!

Anyway, I will do my best to not promote our sites here on the forums but if you get a chance, and you have experience with dealing with our company (good or bad). I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for having me part of the forum!

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hi Seth and welcome to the forums! I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photos, when you have the time to post. I do however, have to direct you to our site's guidelines regarding commercial self promotion and have sent you a Private Message in regard to this, so please check your notifications up on the right hand corner of the site's forum window.

Again, glad to have you aboard!:biggrin:

P.S. As of this evening, I've edited your post for you, Seth. Please respond to your two messages and adhere to the site's guidelines. Thanks!
  3. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome from Midlothian, VA - I was in your neck of the woods at the Celtic festival last weekend.

I've bid on a few of your Pentax lenses to no success ;)
  4. tandemnut

tandemnut New to Mu-43

Oct 31, 2010
    Ashland, Virginia
    Hi Narnian

let me know when you're in Ashland and I'll give you the nickel tour!
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Seth from Holland !