Hello from Ashland, Oregon

WoodWorks

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while, reading various posts, and decided to join because of the great atmosphere and knowledgable members. Having spent a lot of time over at that "other" photography gear forum, I found myself less and less willing to log on because of the lack of civility. Coming over here is like opening the window and letting fresh air in.

Anyway, I've been using µ4/3 gear since I purchased the Panasonic G1 when it first came out. I've since upgraded to the GH2, and if it hits the sweet spot, will probably spring for the rumored GFX whenever/if Panasonic brings it to market.

I mostly enjoy shooting landscapes, and here are a couple from a motorcycle trip I took out to eastern Oregon last weekend. Both shot with the GH2 and 7-14mm lens, opened in ACR and PP'ed with Nik Color Efex Pro 4.0.

I welcome constructive criticism and tips. I figure once you stop learning, you stop living.

Near-Heppner.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View image in gallery

PilotRock.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View image in gallery

David

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
David, those are some amazing landscape shots!!! Great work. Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing more of your photos!

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Welcome! And great shots indeed. I recently drove from Athena westward up Cold Springs Canyon, and found out that Oregon has its own 'Palouse' country.. looks like you found a piece of it too. I didn't have those clouds or your lens to capture it with though - marvelous.

WoodWorks

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. I look forward to learning and sharing here. Seems like a great place!

David

Latest threads

Top Bottom