Hello from Ashland, Oregon

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by WoodWorks, Oct 10, 2011.

1. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Ashland, OR USA
    David
    Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while, reading various posts, and decided to join because of the great atmosphere and knowledgable members. Having spent a lot of time over at that "other" photography gear forum, I found myself less and less willing to log on because of the lack of civility. Coming over here is like opening the window and letting fresh air in.

Anyway, I've been using ยต4/3 gear since I purchased the Panasonic G1 when it first came out. I've since upgraded to the GH2, and if it hits the sweet spot, will probably spring for the rumored GFX whenever/if Panasonic brings it to market.

I mostly enjoy shooting landscapes, and here are a couple from a motorcycle trip I took out to eastern Oregon last weekend. Both shot with the GH2 and 7-14mm lens, opened in ACR and PP'ed with Nik Color Efex Pro 4.0.

I welcome constructive criticism and tips. I figure once you stop learning, you stop living.

David

• Like Like x 6
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    David, those are some amazing landscape shots!!! Great work. Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing more of your photos!

3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Wow....that's some way to introduce yourself, love those shots.

Welcome aboard.

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group. Love the landscape images and look forward to seeing more!

5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome! Nice shots!

6. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    Welcome! And great shots indeed. I recently drove from Athena westward up Cold Springs Canyon, and found out that Oregon has its own 'Palouse' country.. looks like you found a piece of it too. I didn't have those clouds or your lens to capture it with though - marvelous.

7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Ashland, OR USA
    David
    Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. I look forward to learning and sharing here. Seems like a great place!

David

8. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome

Well, your first two images don't need any help:smile:

Cheers from New England, Alan

• Like Like x 1