1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from another french guy =)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Yannu, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Yannu

Yannu Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2014
    Vannes (France)
    Yannick Driever
    Hello everybody !

My name is Yannick and I am half french and half german pro photographer and actually living in France.
    I travelled quite a bit in my childhood and lived in serval countries.

For the photograpy side of things, it was my father who gave me my first camera when I was 8 years old :redface:
    But I haven't been always into photography during my teenager years. It really came back when I went to film school in Paris.
    I've worked for television and production companies till 2012 when I finally got freelance into the photography business :smile:

And even if I am not in business for very long my work and the demands of my clients are constantly evolving. By that I mean that more and more video work is requiered. At first I was not really pleased with video, but now I am just loving it :thumbup:
    So after a long reflection I decided to make the switch from my nikon gear to the :43:world =).
    I've been using my nikon D800 since it came out and I am really satisfied with it. Full frame and plenty of fancy features. But the two of the main reasons for my switch are
    1. 99,9% of my client do not need 36mp images even for prints. So I am paying gear that I don't have a 100% use for...
    2. Video quality is certainly good, but not enough options and I find myself limited in post processing quite often.

So I decided to switch over to a panansonic setup with the GH4 :cool:

I've already tested it and I've been blown away for both sides, photo and video !! :2thumbs:
    Knowing that my work in photography is mainly studio and portraiture work I am very confident after a few tests.

The switch should be in 2 weeks from now. That means bye bye Nikon and hello to a mirrorless world ! (pweh I can already hear my back saying "thank you" :biggrin::biggrin:)

Wow, that was quite an introduction :eek: I hpe that I didn't bother you too much :tongue:

Hope to read from you soon and thanks for this great forum :thumbup:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kilauea

Kilauea Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Canada
    Nicolas
    Welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures :)

3. Peejay

Peejay Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    Paris, France
    Welcome from another guy living in France, even if you're going for Panny and not Oly !

4. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    welcome!! and will be looking out for your next posts... :smile:

5. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Bienvenue / willkommen!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us!

7. Yannu

Yannu Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2014
    Vannes (France)
    Yannick Driever
    Thank you all for your warm welcome =)

Today I got a call from my local store, and suprise my GH4 is already there ! Only the 12-35 is missing and should arrive soon.
    So I picked up my GH4 and a 20mm 1,7 ! =) *happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*
    I'll post some pictures and videos into the GH4 user topic !

Thanks again ;)