Hello from another french guy =)

Yannu

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Yannick Driever
Hello everybody !

My name is Yannick and I am half french and half german pro photographer and actually living in France.
I travelled quite a bit in my childhood and lived in serval countries.

For the photograpy side of things, it was my father who gave me my first camera when I was 8 years old :redface:
But I haven't been always into photography during my teenager years. It really came back when I went to film school in Paris.
I've worked for television and production companies till 2012 when I finally got freelance into the photography business :smile:

And even if I am not in business for very long my work and the demands of my clients are constantly evolving. By that I mean that more and more video work is requiered. At first I was not really pleased with video, but now I am just loving it :thumbup:
So after a long reflection I decided to make the switch from my nikon gear to the :43:world =).
I've been using my nikon D800 since it came out and I am really satisfied with it. Full frame and plenty of fancy features. But the two of the main reasons for my switch are
1. 99,9% of my client do not need 36mp images even for prints. So I am paying gear that I don't have a 100% use for...
2. Video quality is certainly good, but not enough options and I find myself limited in post processing quite often.

So I decided to switch over to a panansonic setup with the GH4 :cool:

I've already tested it and I've been blown away for both sides, photo and video !! :2thumbs:
Knowing that my work in photography is mainly studio and portraiture work I am very confident after a few tests.

The switch should be in 2 weeks from now. That means bye bye Nikon and hello to a mirrorless world ! (pweh I can already hear my back saying "thank you" :biggrin::biggrin:)

Wow, that was quite an introduction :eek: I hpe that I didn't bother you too much :tongue:

Hope to read from you soon and thanks for this great forum :thumbup:

Kilauea

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Nicolas
Welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures :)

zap

Mu-43 Veteran
welcome!! and will be looking out for your next posts... :smile:

Yannu

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Yannick Driever
Thank you all for your warm welcome =)

Today I got a call from my local store, and suprise my GH4 is already there ! Only the 12-35 is missing and should arrive soon.
So I picked up my GH4 and a 20mm 1,7 ! =) *happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*
I'll post some pictures and videos into the GH4 user topic !

Thanks again ;)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom