1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from another french guy =)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Yannu, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Yannu

Yannu Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2014
    Vannes (France)
    Yannick Driever
    Hello everybody !

My name is Yannick and I am half french and half german pro photographer and actually living in France.
    I travelled quite a bit in my childhood and lived in serval countries.

For the photograpy side of things, it was my father who gave me my first camera when I was 8 years old :redface:
    But I haven't been always into photography during my teenager years. It really came back when I went to film school in Paris.
    I've worked for television and production companies till 2012 when I finally got freelance into the photography business :smile:

And even if I am not in business for very long my work and the demands of my clients are constantly evolving. By that I mean that more and more video work is requiered. At first I was not really pleased with video, but now I am just loving it :thumbup:
    So after a long reflection I decided to make the switch from my nikon gear to the :43:world =).
    I've been using my nikon D800 since it came out and I am really satisfied with it. Full frame and plenty of fancy features. But the two of the main reasons for my switch are
    1. 99,9% of my client do not need 36mp images even for prints. So I am paying gear that I don't have a 100% use for...
    2. Video quality is certainly good, but not enough options and I find myself limited in post processing quite often.

So I decided to switch over to a panansonic setup with the GH4 :cool: 

I've already tested it and I've been blown away for both sides, photo and video !! :2thumbs:
    Knowing that my work in photography is mainly studio and portraiture work I am very confident after a few tests.

The switch should be in 2 weeks from now. That means bye bye Nikon and hello to a mirrorless world ! (pweh I can already hear my back saying "thank you" :biggrin::biggrin:)

Wow, that was quite an introduction :eek:  I hpe that I didn't bother you too much :tongue:

Hope to read from you soon and thanks for this great forum :thumbup:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kilauea

Kilauea Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Canada
    Nicolas
    Welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures :) 

3. Peejay

Peejay Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    Paris, France
    Welcome from another guy living in France, even if you're going for Panny and not Oly !

4. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    welcome!! and will be looking out for your next posts... :smile:

5. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team Subscribing Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Bienvenue / willkommen!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us!

7. Yannu

Yannu Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2014
    Vannes (France)
    Yannick Driever
    Thank you all for your warm welcome =)

Today I got a call from my local store, and suprise my GH4 is already there ! Only the 12-35 is missing and should arrive soon.
    So I picked up my GH4 and a 20mm 1,7 ! =) *happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*
    I'll post some pictures and videos into the GH4 user topic !

Thanks again ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.