1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from an Italian m4/3 PaleoNewbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Nandomas, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    Hi everyone

I am totally new to m4/3, I bought my first Oly device, a brand new e-p5 with the nice 9-18 mm lens a month ago. I am also waiting for a delivery of an used Zuiko 75mm :)

I am very happy to join this community

I am running a website all devoted to fossils, my big passion. Tired of google translator, I am trying hard looking for buddies that help me with articles in good English

HOME

here a sample of my website page in English

The Bürgermeister-Müller Museum (in ENGLISH)

I am totally hooked by photographing fossils in every respect. My old Canon 30D gave me some problems, so the idea to switch to Olympus m43, because of the size.

I found this wonderful community while I was in the need to sell all my canon equipment in order to finance other m43 lens. Zuiko 8mm fish-eye is my first choice, also I am praying the Olympus Gods to build a bright-long lens human-priced and slightly better than the 75-300II, so I will be all set with my lens needs

Cheers

Nando

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Welcome Nando : big spender! ;)

Your fossil page : the coloured borders are SO 1980's, can you make them grey or earthy and all the same colour?

3. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Welcome aboard. Have fun.
    Todd

4. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    Yes, I was a pretty big spender during the golden times, good bucks have slipped from my wallet to the cargo sized Canon's pockets.

Right now I like to think I had my e-p5, 9-18 and 75 for free. I was able to sell most of my Canon equipment, so I am up in the trade.

I am selling the last canon devices: 30D, 70-300 DOIS, Tokina 10-17, anular flash light, converters etcetc, for financing the 8mm and maybe part of the next-to-make zoom

The second question is much tough to answer, thanks for your suggestion, but I lost too many sleep-time hours to make the photo frames for changing them now and for uploading them again on the website, maybe in the future... come on, I am an old guy, the 80s were my childhood :eek::biggrin:

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the site, glad to have you with us! :smile:

6. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Another Italian...

O.K. You can stay....But only if you post some pictures of some of those gorgeous Italian women! :tongue:

Dan

7. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    I am sorry I don't do portraits :hide:

8. kurt1968

kurt1968 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2012
    re : italian women

never mind portraits , candids are fine !!

9. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Welcome! :smile:

10. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Nando, welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome from another Italian...a little less newbee on this site.

12. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    Hi everyone, thanks for the hot welcome. I hope my English is good enough for let me contribute to this community

I am so sorry for not be able to take advantage of all very convenient offers in the buy&sell room due I located in Italy...

and it took me a while for understanding why so much people were shipping CONUS :confused: and where CONUS was :biggrin::wink:

Cheers

Nando