Hello from an Italian m4/3 PaleoNewbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Nandomas, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    Hi everyone

I am totally new to m4/3, I bought my first Oly device, a brand new e-p5 with the nice 9-18 mm lens a month ago. I am also waiting for a delivery of an used Zuiko 75mm :)

I am very happy to join this community

I am running a website all devoted to fossils, my big passion. Tired of google translator, I am trying hard looking for buddies that help me with articles in good English

HOME

here a sample of my website page in English

The Bürgermeister-Müller Museum (in ENGLISH)

I am totally hooked by photographing fossils in every respect. My old Canon 30D gave me some problems, so the idea to switch to Olympus m43, because of the size.

I found this wonderful community while I was in the need to sell all my canon equipment in order to finance other m43 lens. Zuiko 8mm fish-eye is my first choice, also I am praying the Olympus Gods to build a bright-long lens human-priced and slightly better than the 75-300II, so I will be all set with my lens needs

Cheers

Nando

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Welcome Nando : big spender! ;)

Your fossil page : the coloured borders are SO 1980's, can you make them grey or earthy and all the same colour?

3. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Welcome aboard. Have fun.
    Todd

4. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    Yes, I was a pretty big spender during the golden times, good bucks have slipped from my wallet to the cargo sized Canon's pockets.

Right now I like to think I had my e-p5, 9-18 and 75 for free. I was able to sell most of my Canon equipment, so I am up in the trade.

I am selling the last canon devices: 30D, 70-300 DOIS, Tokina 10-17, anular flash light, converters etcetc, for financing the 8mm and maybe part of the next-to-make zoom

The second question is much tough to answer, thanks for your suggestion, but I lost too many sleep-time hours to make the photo frames for changing them now and for uploading them again on the website, maybe in the future... come on, I am an old guy, the 80s were my childhood :eek::biggrin:

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the site, glad to have you with us! :smile:

6. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Another Italian...

O.K. You can stay....But only if you post some pictures of some of those gorgeous Italian women! :tongue:

Dan

7. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    I am sorry I don't do portraits :hide:

8. kurt1968

kurt1968 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2012
    re : italian women

never mind portraits , candids are fine !!

9. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Welcome! :smile:

10. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Nando, welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome from another Italian...a little less newbee on this site.

12. Nandomas

Nandomas New to Mu-43

Aug 25, 2013
    Italy
    Nando
    Hi everyone, thanks for the hot welcome. I hope my English is good enough for let me contribute to this community

I am so sorry for not be able to take advantage of all very convenient offers in the buy&sell room due I located in Italy...

and it took me a while for understanding why so much people were shipping CONUS :confused: and where CONUS was :biggrin::wink:

Cheers

Nando

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.