1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Muggie, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    I've been lurking for the past few weeks. Just moved up from a P&S status (I have a tiny Sony Cybershot that can fit almost any pocket and have used a Minolta DimageZ1 for most of my photography over the past seven years). I started out auto everything, but the Minolta has allowed me to play a bit with controlling things and so this year I felt ready and motivated to take the step up. However I travel quite a bit so did not want a big camera that required a bag all the time... so after a bunch of research on-line and off decided on the GF1.

So this is a bit of an adventure as I will move to the world of RAW and begin to take more control of things. I have found the forum offerings informative and inspiring so decided I might as well register even if I never get brave enough to share photos! :rolleyes:

So greetings all!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Welcome Muggie!

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Muggie.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad to have you here Muggie - you and your "catdog".:wink::biggrin:

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here ! Welkom hier ! I too got a Z1, I love the optical zoom range of it.
    Maybe you can post a few impressions from "de wallen". If they are deacent you can show us more on Amsterdam. I have been there a couple of times and always liked the city and people. Enjoy your weekend.