Hello from a new user...just ordered E-PM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by knfeparty, Aug 30, 2012.

1. knfeparty

knfeparty Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Hello guys/gals,

I just ordered my first micro 4/3 camera, an Olympus E-PM1.

I have not owned a "nice" digital camera before like a DSLR or micro 4/3, but did learn to shoot on a Nikkormat NT 35mm that my dad bought back in 1971. Because we still have a few lenses for that camera including a nice telephoto, I decided to give the micro 4/3 format a shot so I can reuse those lenses (already bought a fotodiox adapter too).

I think not having a viewfinder will take a bit of getting used to,but am looking forward to using my tried and true lenses on a digital camera. Does every one pretty good success using the auto ISO method with legacy lenses? Mine have the aperture ring on the lenses.

I will be sure to post some pictures once I receive the camera.
  2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    Welcome to the m43's world. If you want a viewfinder, Oly offers a couple that will work on the E-PM1. Legacy glass works on the E-PM-1, we have glass from the '70's as well, but you may find that it is a little big for that body. I use our PM-1 as our everyday carry around camera and it is nice small camera. It fits easily into a messenger bag, backpack, etc., so you will always have a camera with you. Enjoy.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some of your photos!
  4. hankbaskett

hankbaskett Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    The EPM-1 is a lot of camera in a very small package. Enjoy!