1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from a new user...just ordered E-PM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by knfeparty, Aug 30, 2012.

1. knfeparty

knfeparty Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Hello guys/gals,

I just ordered my first micro 4/3 camera, an Olympus E-PM1.

I have not owned a "nice" digital camera before like a DSLR or micro 4/3, but did learn to shoot on a Nikkormat NT 35mm that my dad bought back in 1971. Because we still have a few lenses for that camera including a nice telephoto, I decided to give the micro 4/3 format a shot so I can reuse those lenses (already bought a fotodiox adapter too).

I think not having a viewfinder will take a bit of getting used to,but am looking forward to using my tried and true lenses on a digital camera. Does every one pretty good success using the auto ISO method with legacy lenses? Mine have the aperture ring on the lenses.

I will be sure to post some pictures once I receive the camera.

2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Welcome to the m43's world. If you want a viewfinder, Oly offers a couple that will work on the E-PM1. Legacy glass works on the E-PM-1, we have glass from the '70's as well, but you may find that it is a little big for that body. I use our PM-1 as our everyday carry around camera and it is nice small camera. It fits easily into a messenger bag, backpack, etc., so you will always have a camera with you. Enjoy.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

4. hankbaskett

hankbaskett Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    The EPM-1 is a lot of camera in a very small package. Enjoy!