1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from a new E-PL1 owner

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mark0, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    Hi!

Just got a new PEN some days ago.
    Coming from a couple of P&S (last was a Canon A570 IS), was searching for something with a better IQ without spending too much.
    I'm very pleased with the choice for the time being.

Bye!

2. Chris5107

Chris5107 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    Chris
    Great camera, welcome

I used one of these for a while. It is a great camera.

The first thing I did with the camera was search for an old fast manual focus lens (like a Canon FD 50mm f1.4) for low $$. This allows you to play with low f-stop lenses on the cheap...

3. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    Indeed! I was just considering the idea of getting one of those cheap Fujian 35mm f1.7 from eBay to play a bit. Will see.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Enjoy! Even though there are a number of newer models, the E-PL1 is still the benchmark for Pen image quality.

If you adjust settings often, don't forget to enable the Super Control Panel. Makes life very convenient.

Cheers,

DH

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    :smile::smile::smile:

6. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    They are definitely fun to play with, especially if you have a VF-2 (or VF-3 I suppose). The E-PL1 is a great camera - I got one when I couldn't justify the cost of an E-P1 or E-P2 and have been happy with my decision over the higher end bodies.

7. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Enjoy. My first PEN was an E-PL1. Great IQ and a huge leap from compacts. I found a e-pl1 for dummies guide hugely useful (the manual it comes with is terrible!) especially coming from P&S cameras. I have a PL3 now but still dip into that guide, as much of it is the same.

8. Jimbo3rd

Jimbo3rd Photog GoGo

Mar 10, 2011
    Central Florida/Disney area
    Jim Sullivan
    I see here that you went from a E-PL 1 to a P 3. Have any ideas on comparing the P 2 to a P 3, especially in the shutter lag area and of course on other important upgrades?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.