Hello for Hertfordshire, England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mf100, Aug 26, 2012.

1. mf100

mf100 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Sawbridgeworth, England
    Hello Everyone.
    I've been looking at this site for a while and finally got round to becoming a member.

I got fed up taking poor quality photos of my daughter with an old Canon point & shoot and initially wanted a DSLR - but thankfully came across Mirrorless cameras and got a silver Olympus E-P3 in January. I've been very pleased with the results.

I've since added a few lenses, the most used of which is the O 12mm f/2. On the immediate wish list is the PL 25mm and the O 45mm. However, I can't ignore the P 20mm as an alternative to the PL 25m - I can't make up my mind!!! Added to that I keep thinking about getting a silver OM-D, but then I wouldn't be able to afford any more lenses. Or perhaps I should just wait, get the most out of my E-P3, see what happens over the next year and how my photography develops.

I generally take photos of my family and friends, both in and out of doors. I particularly like black & white photos.

I have a feeling this website will help me a lot and hopefully I'll be able to add something back too.

Matthew :smile:
  2. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Welcome to the forum, Matthew :thumbup:
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! If you can afford it the 25 is a better lens than the 20 ( which is still a fine lens). The fact that the 20 is a pancake makes it attractive. Now that I have a 14 I may eventually sell the 20 and buy the 25. So many lines . . . :biggrin:
  4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Mathew
    Welcome to this wonderful forum and I suspect u will also need a telezoom lens to shoot nude pics of Harry at Harrods ...lol:rofl::rofl:
  5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome!!! That camera is a great choice and as for the lens both are awesome!

typed on my phone, sorry.