1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello for Hertfordshire, England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mf100, Aug 26, 2012.

1. mf100

mf100 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Sawbridgeworth, England
    Matthew
    Hello Everyone.
    I've been looking at this site for a while and finally got round to becoming a member.

I got fed up taking poor quality photos of my daughter with an old Canon point & shoot and initially wanted a DSLR - but thankfully came across Mirrorless cameras and got a silver Olympus E-P3 in January. I've been very pleased with the results.

I've since added a few lenses, the most used of which is the O 12mm f/2. On the immediate wish list is the PL 25mm and the O 45mm. However, I can't ignore the P 20mm as an alternative to the PL 25m - I can't make up my mind!!! Added to that I keep thinking about getting a silver OM-D, but then I wouldn't be able to afford any more lenses. Or perhaps I should just wait, get the most out of my E-P3, see what happens over the next year and how my photography develops.

I generally take photos of my family and friends, both in and out of doors. I particularly like black & white photos.

I have a feeling this website will help me a lot and hopefully I'll be able to add something back too.

Matthew :smile:

2. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Welcome to the forum, Matthew :thumbup:

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! If you can afford it the 25 is a better lens than the 20 ( which is still a fine lens). The fact that the 20 is a pancake makes it attractive. Now that I have a 14 I may eventually sell the 20 and buy the 25. So many lines . . . :biggrin:

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hi Mathew
    Welcome to this wonderful forum and I suspect u will also need a telezoom lens to shoot nude pics of Harry at Harrods ...lol:rofl::rofl:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Welcome!!! That camera is a great choice and as for the lens both are awesome!

typed on my phone, sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.