1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

hello! Finally!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by beanedsprout, Apr 13, 2013.

1. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    I'm here! I tried to sign up months back but apparently the administrators didn't like me or something, my application was denied for some reason or another. But now that you have a picture captcha thing instead of admin review, I can sign up and contribute! Good job!

Anyway, I like cameras and stuff. Got a GF-1 with some crappy lenses for it, gonna take some photography classes this summer and fall and splurge on some nicer things, like weather sealed panny stuff! GH-3 here I come!:2thumbs:

2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Welcome to the Forum beanedsprout. I'm not sure I understood what the problem was, but you're here now.

3. beanedsprout

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    I dunno either. I registered and it said I had to wait for admin approval and then a few days later it said I was rejected so I dunno. but hooray! Thanks for the welcome!

4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Wow that's weird. But it seems you're a survivor. So that's good. You can be on my dodge ball team. Hehehehe.

5. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    It was God protecting you from the likes of us, lol. If you hang around here much, you'll catch a terrible wasting disease called "GAS"...

But welcome anyway, lol!

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I suspect that admin once had some food poisoning from a bad batch of bean sprouts and your handle brought up a whole slew of foul memories ... admin are people, too.

And don't worry about GAS ... I got over it so can you ... wait, what's that shiny thing over there?

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sad, but true - GAS is a definite problem around these parts! Welcome aboard! :biggrin:

9. beanedsprout

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Sure sure, I just need to take out a few loans and convince companies to stop making new things and I won't have a problem with it. Next on the list is a GH-3, some shiny fast lenses, and photography classes at college! Hope they can teach me something. :)

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm...
    That GF1 came out of the gates with some pretty good lenses....:wink:

Anyways, Welcome Aboard! :smile:

11. beanedsprout

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Yes yes, they're ok. I've got an m.Zuiko 17mm 2.8 and a Lumix 14-42mm 3.5-5.6. But they rarely get used, and I find myself going back to my legacy Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 alllllllll the time. But I shoot a lot of people in dark places, so I guess that's to be expected. I just find myself wanting more. Like a 45mm 2.8 built to Leica specs, or a 25mm 1.4 with OIS. OIS is very nice when you don't have a viewfinder and you're constantly hopped up on caffeine.

I like fast lenses. The Oly is okay but if I were to get rid of anything, it would be the first on the chopping block.

12. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    I believe he was referring to the Panny 20mm 1.7 that came as a kit with the GF-1.

13. beanedsprout

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio