1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by uraldog, Dec 4, 2010.

1. uraldog

uraldog Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Orlando Florida USA
    I am not yet a 4/3rd owner, but I am tempted get a panasonic G-1 from Amazon as an affordable entry into the format. I have read many threads about old lenses and adapters and I have just dug my old dusty camera bag from the deep, dark corner of my closet. The contents are: non working Cannon AE1 Program With Cannon FD 1:1.4 lens, Vivitar 75-205 1:3.8 and several Korean lenses Circa early 1980's Also a Vivitar 283 flash. I've been using various P&S cameras for years and I want to get back to some possible creativity in my photography. I would appreciate any input on using the old lenses with this format. Now if I can get around to scanning a few shoe boxes of old slides.

Thank you Gary

• Like Like x 3
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Gary - there are still some good deals on new G1s at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Gary, thanks for your introductory post here and welcome!:biggrin:

If you don't get enough specific feedback here about adapted lenses, I'd suggest checking out this forum Adapted Lenses, which you may have already been reading through... Please don't hesitate to post a new thread in there. There are a great many members who love their adapted lenses.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. uraldog

uraldog Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Orlando Florida USA
    Thanks for the welcome! I have lurked around for a couple of days and I feel I have gotten enough valuable information to make my decision to order a G1 from Amazon. This will be an affordable Entry into this format for me. I hope someday to feel confident enough to post something, as I am amazed by the quality content displayed on this site.

Gary

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Gary, and hello from Scotland :) I have a G1 too and love it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You'll have fun using your legacy lenses. I'm happily using OM lenses and FD lenses.

All the best,

Colin