Hello Everyone !!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by GreenGhost, Nov 30, 2012.

1. GreenGhost

GreenGhost Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Peter Liakopoulos
    I have been following this forum for quite some time and I feel as if I know many of you already. On the other hand you don't no anything about me.:biggrin:

I am a retired Australian Army Officer and jaded lawyer (living in Melbourne, Australia) who nows runs his own business (recruiting). I have had a passion for photography for many years and have predominantly used Nikon DSLR's. My current one being a Nikon D7000. Which I love and bought in the UK some 18 months ago. Since then I have taken it overseas to the UK, Scotland and Paris and have recorded some wonderful memories.

But, then I came across the Olympus OMD and fell in love.... and yes I have followed the posts in this forum and made use of all the wonderful advice and recently decided to take the plunge and buy one. My primary reason was (not just for it's looks) but for its size. Travel with the Nikon, pack and all the accessories was hard and tiring !! I am off to Brunei, London and Rome and the thought of lugging it all again was .... you get the picture.

SO I now have the OMD with 12-50 kit lens, O45, P14 and O45-150:smile:

What a wonderful camera and kit...

Well that's a little about me, and I hope to post some images on my return. Love the site and the culture here....

PS I do note there are a few active members here from London (I have seen your wonderful photo's). Any chance we could meet under Big Ben? I'd love some company and guidance to take some night photo's when I'm there. PM me and we can do intro's and dates/times.
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Peter! Look forward to see some pics from your trip.
  3. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    welcome . Another Aussie. THere are lots of lovely lanndscape in Melbourne
    to photograph.
  4. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Welcome to the party :p Nice to see another M43 lover...
  5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Peter, welcome aboard!

7. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro