Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ava, May 6, 2010.

1. Ava

Ava New to Mu-43

My name is Ava and I've been interested in photography for a long, long time. My friend, Karen (flyby) convinced me to get a 4/3 camera so I could join this forum. So I bought an Olympus E-PL1 and can now add this to my arsenal of other cameras. I became interested in photography after taking a class in middle school at the age of 12.

My first camera was a 35mm Minolta SRT-102 that I have tucked safely away. I went through many cameras through the years, film and digital, and have currently settled on a few.

I am a photojournalism student and have won prizes for my work - both creative and journalistic. I shoot with a Canon 40D with a host of great lenses - my prized possession being my Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS - beautiful glass.

Last year I got a Panasonic Lumix LX3 for doing street photography but I've been using it for landscapes too. I really love this camera. To see some of the photographs I've taken with it go to The Way I See It, my Tumblr blog.

Now I'm going to experiment with my new Olympus E-PL1 and see what I can do. This is great forum and I look forward to contributing. Let the journey begin...

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome Ava and congrats on your new E-PL1, too!

3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Any pal o' flyby is a pal o' mine.

Welcome Ava!

Bokeh D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Ava! great to have you with us :friends:, I love your blog - especially the last 3d style image at the bottom... how did you do that?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Welcom to you Ava from Australia! as i write my fingers are pretty cold dropped to 3 degrees this morning,I think winter has come.

icon

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ava

Ava New to Mu-43

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the welcome and compliments. I can't take credit for the photo you mentioned - I "re-Tumblred" (like a re-tweet) from someone else. I can't figure out how the photographer did it.

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome here

• Like Like x 2
  8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  9. Ava

Ava New to Mu-43

Thanks for the warm "welcomes." It seems like a very warm and supportive community filled with very talented people.

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Ava ! Congrats on your new camera. I'm sure you will love it.
    Enjoy your weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  11. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well..Finally you joined! Do I get to try out the new camera?
    This is a great place to be..can't wait to see what you do with your new EPL1! Congrats and welcome!

• Like Like x 2