1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ava, May 6, 2010.

1. Ava

Ava New to Mu-43

My name is Ava and I've been interested in photography for a long, long time. My friend, Karen (flyby) convinced me to get a 4/3 camera so I could join this forum. So I bought an Olympus E-PL1 and can now add this to my arsenal of other cameras. I became interested in photography after taking a class in middle school at the age of 12.

My first camera was a 35mm Minolta SRT-102 that I have tucked safely away. I went through many cameras through the years, film and digital, and have currently settled on a few.

I am a photojournalism student and have won prizes for my work - both creative and journalistic. I shoot with a Canon 40D with a host of great lenses - my prized possession being my Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS - beautiful glass.

Last year I got a Panasonic Lumix LX3 for doing street photography but I've been using it for landscapes too. I really love this camera. To see some of the photographs I've taken with it go to The Way I See It, my Tumblr blog.

Now I'm going to experiment with my new Olympus E-PL1 and see what I can do. This is great forum and I look forward to contributing. Let the journey begin...

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Ava and congrats on your new E-PL1, too!

3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Any pal o' flyby is a pal o' mine.

Welcome Ava!

Bokeh D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Ava! great to have you with us :friends:, I love your blog - especially the last 3d style image at the bottom... how did you do that?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcom to you Ava from Australia! as i write my fingers are pretty cold dropped to 3 degrees this morning,I think winter has come.

icon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ava

Ava New to Mu-43

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the welcome and compliments. I can't take credit for the photo you mentioned - I "re-Tumblred" (like a re-tweet) from someone else. I can't figure out how the photographer did it.

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome here

• Like Like x 1
  8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ava

Ava New to Mu-43

Thanks for the warm "welcomes." It seems like a very warm and supportive community filled with very talented people.

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Ava ! Congrats on your new camera. I'm sure you will love it.
    Enjoy your weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  11. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well..Finally you joined! Do I get to try out the new camera?
    This is a great place to be..can't wait to see what you do with your new EPL1! Congrats and welcome!

• Like Like x 1