Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by topkop, Apr 8, 2010.

1. topkop

topkop Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi! I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now... finally have the nerve to register and introduce myself!

I'm originally from Thailand, but currently studying in US. I got into photography about 3 years ago and have gone through a series of compact camera.... most recent being Canon G11. Now, after spending months on the internet reading reviews and opinions, I am a happy owner of Olympus E-PL1. Totally love everything about the camera (except the lack of digital leveler and the flimsy usb port door).

I would like to thank every single person on this forum whose opinions and discussions had helped me with my decision to get this incredible little camera. This is by far the most informative, helpful and most importantly, friendly forum I have ever come across.

Thank you again and I hope that the mu-43 family grows bigger and bigger everyday!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome topkop. As you have found this is a great forum.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Thanks you joined us ! Congrats on your new camera.

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi topkop, thanks for popping up to say hello... it's great to be able to welcome our new members to this very special place :friends:

Congratulations on your new E-PL1 - I know exactly how you feel, it's a surprising little gem!

Cheers

Brian

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

topkop, I'm glad you've become "official" here now and congratulations on your Olympus E-PL!!:biggrin:

7. topkop

topkop Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Oberlin, OH
    Thank you, everyone, for a warm welcoming!

Here's a few of first pics taken with E-PL1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBW

Thanks so much topkop! Love the night scene with its beautiful reflections. I laughed when I saw your last - after a brief gasp.:biggrin: Did you use the art filters for these three? They worked out very nicely for you.:thumbup:

9. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Curious to hear the settings for the 3rd photo as well-- pretty sweet image!

10. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome topkop to a great forum full of friendly people.

11. topkop

topkop Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 7, 2010
    Oberlin, OH
    @BBW, tpitch14 - I didn't use any art filters on any of them. But for the first picture I had to put the color to vivid. I may have done the same with the second picture but I don't actually remember as I was experimenting with everything.

The last one.... haha... I had to process it with one of the presets I have in Lightroom. The spider was pretty much colorless, so the image came out a little dull at first. Nonetheless, he/she was very, very photogenic. :smile:

@Iansky - Thank you! The friendliness level on this forum is amazingly high!

12. BBW

Aha! That explains it!:biggrin:

Be sure to check out the Housekeeping forum where there are several "stickies" - those threads at the top - which explain how the galleries work, and more, if you haven't been there already.

Looking forward to your involvement in the discussion on the board, too.:smile:

13. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    TK a hardy welcome from me as well....

glad your with us

Pete

14. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member