1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello everyone, what you're up to?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Because of snow fall yesterday I removed snow, I will give food to the birds outside, go for shopping this morning, uploading a few Xmas images, taking a look at "alternative" software packages.
    So, what are you up to?

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Another really exciting day of winter retirement

filling a few "holes' and gaps to stop draughts, (the cold air blowing in from outside) - as we say "it's like a gail" blowing around the window gaps

maybe a trip to Ikea later to get a small bedroom dressing table - that should be fun as "parking" is always an adventure

• Like Like x 2
  3. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    I shall be using my bus pass to take the short trip into Kingsbridge later this morning, no parking problems to worry about then. Quick visit to the bank and one or two shops, then catch the next bus home. Luckily feeling up to it today, have been the victim of a recurring viral infection for the last few days which has restricted my activities. On Thursday I have a Xmas lunch to attend in the Tower at Slapton given by the field centre where I volunteer on the nature reserve that they manage. Hoping that it will be dry so that I can take the bus (long walk from the bus stop at Slapton), no problems then with any drink/driving. Otherwise my time is my own to waste as I see fit.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  4. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Morning Barrie

join the ailments Club - I'm on my second month of antibiotics etc., - it's not much fun and I hope it sorts itself out by Xmas as "the kids" are coming out to see us

moan moan moan (what have you started Herman) .......... but the sun has just come out, albeit a winter one

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Morning Bill,

Yes I'm being tried on various combinations of drugs at the moment for high blood pressure and prostate problems, not getting on top of either as yet and trying to counter some side effects.

I watched the tv program "grumpy old men" here in the UK last night which at least cheered me up, there are others (well known) you think the same as I do, always good to know :biggrin:

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hey guys, I hope you both will get well soon! This afternoon I will visit my sister and then my mom of 89. When I get back home it will be dark.

• Like Like x 4
  7. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    Hear, hear.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    I'm looking for a job, and using my current excessive free time to play with my camera.

• Like Like x 1
  9. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sounds like you all can use our best wishes for one thing or the other. I am trying to get this last week of school behind me. The students are almost done, but I still have to grade their papers...

Stefan

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Hello Herman
    Preparing for christmas :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    For me it is a 45 minute drive to work in the dark. At the office from 7am until 5pm. And a 45 minute drive home in the dark.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

It is the dead of the night and it is raining cats and dogs so I went out and photographed reflections.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Make sure you post the pictures over in the pets thread ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    I'm sitting at my desk, cleaning things up before the last wedding of the year, this weekend. It's sunny and 28 degrees celcius (about 90F). I do feel for all of you on the top half of the globe, stuck in the snow.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  15. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Daughters and grandkids spent a few hours here cleaning up the patio before Xmas. They cleaned and started to fill our old above ground spa. It has been sitting empty for 10 years and off course it sprung a leak when half full!! The girls gut the buckets happening and the plants got a good unscheduled watering.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Off to Lacanau Ocean this morning for a walk, (stroll), along the beach - apparently I need the "fresh air" according to her "who knows best" and need to get away from my computer screen - forecast to be zero degrees C and sunny in Bordeaux today but should be a little warmer at the coast

Bienvenue sur le site de l'Office de Tourisme de Lacanau.

17. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Went Christmas Shopping today and spent 400 bucks in the first shop. I saw something on sale for a good price that I was going to buy next year but when I saw the price I couldn't let it go. ( it was a battery operated rattle gun, so it will make me money in the long run. lol )
    Saw a lot of faces in the shopping centre! today as well, enough to last a country kid for a year;-)

I'm curious to find why some call Christmas Xmas, is it a new thing.

18. Ephemeral Moment

Ephemeral Moment Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2010
    Darlington
    Work for me today, sending the boys home at the end of term - always fun, fraught and noisy

19. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Back from Istanbul on sunday, on monday "Montezuma's revange" got me during the night to tuesday. Lost some weight and sleep but now I'm back. My wife Loretta already bought a christmas tree - this is one of the worst things which I have to do normally in that time of the year....

All the best to @ !!

20. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Need some advice on how to do that fast and easy, Stefan ?
    Anyway, make sure the average of the class is above 50%, otherwise the director may start talking about "pedagogic disaster"

:biggrin::biggrin:

Have fun,
    Rafael