Hello everyone!! Greetings from Australia.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by southcol, Jul 30, 2010.

1. southcol

southcol Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2010
    I'm new to the m4/3 system and am excited to fully expand the capability of my camera. I am currently using ep1, and just put in an order for the panasonic 20mm! Cheers!!:thumbup:

2. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Hi southcol, welcome to the forum! The 20mm is a great lens, I'm sure it will be a welcome addition to your kit.

Cheers, Briar

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

G'day mate, good to have you here. What part of the country you from?
    I got me a GF1 and love it. You'll like the 20mm its a good 'un.

Catch ya round,

icon

4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - quite a few aussies here. You'll love the 20mm.

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello and welcome :friends:

The 20mm f1.7 seems to be made for the Pen - you'll love it!

Cheers

Brian

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Glad to have you here, southcol! I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs, soon.:biggrin:

8. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hey another Aussie - welcome!!!! Most mu43 users believe the Pano 20mm f1.7 lens is the best in their bag - I agree.
    Cheers
    DUD

9. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Welcome to the forum. There a lot of Aussies here and a few with the Olympus E-P1 and Panasonic 20mm lens :biggrin:

You haven't put your location in your profile and it is a big country, so show it off to the rest of the world.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

:2thumbs:

10. southcol

southcol Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! I am waiting for my 20mm to arrive! Sadly, i was cheated by an ebay seller. I won a bid for the 20mm, tt the money over and when it arrived, the clown only shipped the box! Nothing inside. Safer to buy from adorama or bhphoto..
    Will post more pics whne my new lens arrive. Cheers, everyone!

11. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I got all of my MFT lenses other than my kit zoom on eBay. That's the 20mm and 45-200mm Panasonics and the 9-18mm Olympus. I only ever use PayPal for foreign purchases and have never had a problem on such transactions. With the high prices of camera gear in Australia most of the time it is a no brainer but you do need to check feedback and protect yourself by using PayPal or paying on credit card where you know you have a recourse if something goes wrong.

Note the 9-18mm Olympus and 14-150mm Olympus lenses are quite fairly priced in Australia (if you can get them) and will usually work out cheaper than buying overseas by the time shipping has been added.

12. southcol

southcol Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2010
    The clown's feedback was good, 100% feedback and was in aus. Next time i'll use paypal for any transaction. Will look out for the 9-18 mm lens. Cheers!

13. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Sorry to hear about that mate. Yeah I've had a few people say to me 'oh don't use paypal' but I've never listened to that garbage and to tell you the truth, if it weren't for paypal i'd never use ebay. 3 Time now I haven't actually received any parcel at all and Paypal- to their credit, have reimbursed me each time.

14. southcol

southcol Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2010
    Hi icon, think i'll use paypal now. I'm from queensland as well!

15. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    Hello and welcome! I recently took my E-PL1 to your country. I had a great experience driving from Brisbane to Cairns. It is great to have more Australians around here. Aussies are incredibly friendly people!

Gus