Hello everyone!! Greetings from Australia.

southcol

Mu-43 Rookie
I'm new to the m4/3 system and am excited to fully expand the capability of my camera. I am currently using ep1, and just put in an order for the panasonic 20mm! Cheers!!:thumbup:

Briar

Mu-43 Regular
Hi southcol, welcome to the forum! The 20mm is a great lens, I'm sure it will be a welcome addition to your kit.

Cheers, Briar

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum. There a lot of Aussies here and a few with the Olympus E-P1 and Panasonic 20mm lens :biggrin:

You haven't put your location in your profile and it is a big country, so show it off to the rest of the world.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

:2thumbs:

southcol

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks for the warm welcome!! I am waiting for my 20mm to arrive! Sadly, i was cheated by an ebay seller. I won a bid for the 20mm, tt the money over and when it arrived, the clown only shipped the box! Nothing inside. Safer to buy from adorama or bhphoto..
Will post more pics whne my new lens arrive. Cheers, everyone!

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I got all of my MFT lenses other than my kit zoom on eBay. That's the 20mm and 45-200mm Panasonics and the 9-18mm Olympus. I only ever use PayPal for foreign purchases and have never had a problem on such transactions. With the high prices of camera gear in Australia most of the time it is a no brainer but you do need to check feedback and protect yourself by using PayPal or paying on credit card where you know you have a recourse if something goes wrong.

Note the 9-18mm Olympus and 14-150mm Olympus lenses are quite fairly priced in Australia (if you can get them) and will usually work out cheaper than buying overseas by the time shipping has been added.

southcol

Mu-43 Rookie
The clown's feedback was good, 100% feedback and was in aus. Next time i'll use paypal for any transaction. Will look out for the 9-18 mm lens. Cheers!

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sorry to hear about that mate. Yeah I've had a few people say to me 'oh don't use paypal' but I've never listened to that garbage and to tell you the truth, if it weren't for paypal i'd never use ebay. 3 Time now I haven't actually received any parcel at all and Paypal- to their credit, have reimbursed me each time.

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
Hello and welcome! I recently took my E-PL1 to your country. I had a great experience driving from Brisbane to Cairns. It is great to have more Australians around here. Aussies are incredibly friendly people!

Gus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom