1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello - another hello from London UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by martynjc (uk), Aug 6, 2012.

1. martynjc (uk)

martynjc (uk) New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2012
    I've been taking pictures since 1980 back then it was with an OM10 and various lenses onto colour slide> I've done B&W development in my time.

Anyway - up to modern day - I have worked my way through the Nikon range and now own semi-pro level equipment FX kit : D700 and 17-35 f2.8; 24-70 f2.8; 70-200 f2.8 1.4x and 1.7x teleconverters; 50mm f1.4; 105mm micro Nikkor. SB800 flash; vertical grip that changes the D700 to FX 10frames/sec shooter.

I'm starting to move into the M4/3 arena now that lens range is maturing. I have the Panasonic GX-1 after being impressed by the user interface of the LX-5 which I also have.

I am still thinking do I just stick with the LX-5 or maybe upgrade to the LX-7 with it's brighter lens (1.4fstop) and I have the viewfinder for GX-1 which will fit the LX7. Or do I build up my M4/3 lens set (I just have the 14-42X lens right now)

Anyway - look forward to contributing to the forum

My pictures are on smugmug - I've done a few events coverage but nothing professional:

DesignMJC's Photos

One from the Olympics - taken with the kit lens 14-42mm

Olympics887-L.
    DMC-GX1    ---    42mm    f/5.6    1/320s    ISO 500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.