Hello and happy new year from a nice warm NZ

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by listers_nz, Jan 7, 2014.

1. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    Greetings all from Christchurch, New Zealand. I've been lurking for a bit, but finally decided I should post an introduction.
    I decided to get into M3/4 because I wanted something a bit better than PS (although as PS goes, my ZS1 has rarely let me down)

I have a Panasonic GX1. The kit originally came with the Panasonic 14-42 PZ lens plus at the time I aquired a cheap Panasonic 45-150. However, zoom control on the PZ really didn't work for me (didn't like the positioning of it). So I sold both lenses and bought the new Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6 as a general go anywhere lens. So far I like it much better than the previous combination.

I have also bought a secondhand Bower 7.5mm fisheye which is also great.

Funny story with that lens is that the guy I bought it from was a bit disorganised, and it took a while to get it. When he dropped it off he also gave me for free a Tamron 105mm f2.5 - not too bad for a freebe. It was pretty dirty, plus had an Adaptall/Nikon mount onto a Nikon/m4/3 adapter (with all the screws loose). Perhaps not surprising he gave it away - anyway I've since fitted a m4/3 to adaptall adapter. The only problem I have now is I have a spare Nikon to M4/3 adapter which I will just have to find a lens to fit :smile:

I've also got a couple of adapted Minolta lenses - a Rokkor 45mm f2 and a Tokina 28mm f2.8 (which I'm not sure I "needed" but was difficult to turn down at $1 :smile:) . I'll put some photos on the "show us your adapted lens" thread when I get a chance.

I'd quite like a Panasonic 20mm, but I haven't managed to secure one a "reasonable" price yet, plus one has to be careful buying from outside NZ that price plus postage doesn't add up to the dreaded $400NZ threshold at which point it incurs tax + fees and will just about end up costing as much as a new one.

Regards
    Simon

2. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

Kia Ora Simon. I look forward to seeing some of your photos, The South Island is beautiful part of the world.

3. Welcome to the forum Simon, it's awesome to find another m4/3 user in Christchurch!

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Happy New Year from a balmy Detroit Michigan where we hit -14 degrees Fahrenheit earlier today :biggrin:.

Welcome to the forum, Simon!

Regards,

Jim

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! We hit a comfortable -12 today, lovely weather. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.