Hello and happy new year from a nice warm NZ

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by listers_nz, Jan 7, 2014.

1. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    Greetings all from Christchurch, New Zealand. I've been lurking for a bit, but finally decided I should post an introduction.
    I decided to get into M3/4 because I wanted something a bit better than PS (although as PS goes, my ZS1 has rarely let me down)

I have a Panasonic GX1. The kit originally came with the Panasonic 14-42 PZ lens plus at the time I aquired a cheap Panasonic 45-150. However, zoom control on the PZ really didn't work for me (didn't like the positioning of it). So I sold both lenses and bought the new Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6 as a general go anywhere lens. So far I like it much better than the previous combination.

I have also bought a secondhand Bower 7.5mm fisheye which is also great.

Funny story with that lens is that the guy I bought it from was a bit disorganised, and it took a while to get it. When he dropped it off he also gave me for free a Tamron 105mm f2.5 - not too bad for a freebe. It was pretty dirty, plus had an Adaptall/Nikon mount onto a Nikon/m4/3 adapter (with all the screws loose). Perhaps not surprising he gave it away - anyway I've since fitted a m4/3 to adaptall adapter. The only problem I have now is I have a spare Nikon to M4/3 adapter which I will just have to find a lens to fit :smile:

I've also got a couple of adapted Minolta lenses - a Rokkor 45mm f2 and a Tokina 28mm f2.8 (which I'm not sure I "needed" but was difficult to turn down at $1 :smile:). I'll put some photos on the "show us your adapted lens" thread when I get a chance.

I'd quite like a Panasonic 20mm, but I haven't managed to secure one a "reasonable" price yet, plus one has to be careful buying from outside NZ that price plus postage doesn't add up to the dreaded $400NZ threshold at which point it incurs tax + fees and will just about end up costing as much as a new one.

Regards
    Simon

2. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

Kia Ora Simon. I look forward to seeing some of your photos, The South Island is beautiful part of the world.

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome to the forum Simon, it's awesome to find another m4/3 user in Christchurch!

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Happy New Year from a balmy Detroit Michigan where we hit -14 degrees Fahrenheit earlier today :biggrin:.

Welcome to the forum, Simon!

Regards,

Jim

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! We hit a comfortable -12 today, lovely weather. :biggrin: