Hello (and a few pics) from San Diego, California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Frank B, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Frank B

Frank B New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2010
    San Diego, California
    Just wanted to say hello and thanks, since much of the information here helped my decide on the E-P2 with 17 f/2.8 as my new "compact" camera. I wanted something I could carry around every day, and for those times when my Pentax K-7 and assortment of primes is too big or heavy.

Here are a few shots from the new camera. I only shoot jpeg, and do little if any processing. Mostly it's just upload to iPhoto, then export in a reduced size to my SmugMug gallery site, and sometimes post to my blog.

I noticed a lot of cat pictures, so here's Aldo.

I'm quite pleased with the way the camera handles low-light situations, and especially with the accuracy of the autofocus. I was a bit worried since it's difficult for me to see the LCD without putting on reading glasses, and I didn't get the EVF. Here's a recent shot taken inside the San Diego Museum of Art.

The E-P2 with the pancake lens is great for those times when I'm just out wandering around with no particular photo objective in mind, like stopping in for cannoli and coffee at Cafe Italia in San Diego's Little Italy.

I'm also quite happy with the way the images hold up to heavy cropping, even at 800 ISO.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Frank, and thanks becoming a member here and introducing yourself, and Aldo. too.:biggrin: I look forward to hear and seeing more from you!
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - nice pictorial intro.
  4. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA