Hello (and a few pics) from San Diego, California

Frank B

New to Mu-43
Just wanted to say hello and thanks, since much of the information here helped my decide on the E-P2 with 17 f/2.8 as my new "compact" camera. I wanted something I could carry around every day, and for those times when my Pentax K-7 and assortment of primes is too big or heavy.

Here are a few shots from the new camera. I only shoot jpeg, and do little if any processing. Mostly it's just upload to iPhoto, then export in a reduced size to my SmugMug gallery site, and sometimes post to my blog.

I noticed a lot of cat pictures, so here's Aldo.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm quite pleased with the way the camera handles low-light situations, and especially with the accuracy of the autofocus. I was a bit worried since it's difficult for me to see the LCD without putting on reading glasses, and I didn't get the EVF. Here's a recent shot taken inside the San Diego Museum of Art.

The E-P2 with the pancake lens is great for those times when I'm just out wandering around with no particular photo objective in mind, like stopping in for cannoli and coffee at Cafe Italia in San Diego's Little Italy.

I'm also quite happy with the way the images hold up to heavy cropping, even at 800 ISO.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom