Hello All

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dsteady, Nov 8, 2010.

1. dsteady

dsteady Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    Hello All,

I found this nice place this morning while researching useful tips for my new Panasonic GF1.

I'm an amateur/enthusiast from Chicago who's rediscovering an old fondness for taking pictures. The m4/3 format just really appeals to me, and I've been finding all sorts of excuses to go out for walk since purchasing this wonderful camera.

As I get more proficient in Lightroom and RAW processing I'll start posting images. Right now I'm just clicking away jpegs getting the hang of my instrument. I think I'll learn a lot here.

Edit/Delete Message
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Daniel and thanks so much for your introduction. It seems to me that quite a few of us rediscovered our real enjoyment of photography after a long hiatus by finding ourselves drawn to these micro four thirds cameras.

I'm very glad you found your way here and look forward to your growing involvement - and your photographs, too - jpeg or RAW.:thumbup:
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Daniel from Holland !
    Daniel ? German name.
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Daniel and welcome here.
  5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome! It sounds like your journey to m4/3 is similar to mine
  6. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Daniel, and hello from Scotland :smile:
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila

I just saw your name and some of your photos in the latest challenge and FINALLY put two and two together. I'm guessing you're the same DSTEADY and same Daniel that hangs out sometimes on the Serotta forum? I'm the same Ray who used to hang out over there a lot (now just a little). This is at least as friendly a place and doesn't descend into the type of political insanity that used to. And, of course, its a LOT easier to share photographs online that it is to share bike rides on line. So, I'm a little late, but welcome!

8. dsteady

dsteady Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    Well, in my case Irish. But it could be German as well.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.