Hello All

MEG3020

New to Mu-43
Hi All, I'm Meg and I'm a new owner of the panasonic G2. This is my very first camera with manual settings and everything. Hoping to get some help on setting the camera (basic set up). Thanks /meg

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Meg,
Welcome. How do you plan on using the G2?
What kind of images are you seeing?
The G2 is a very versatile camera and it would help if we know those 2 answers.
Shooter

MEG3020

New to Mu-43
Hello and welcome Meg - good choice.

Meg,
Welcome. How do you plan on using the G2?
What kind of images are you seeing?
The G2 is a very versatile camera and it would help if we know those 2 answers.
Shooter

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

Shooter, nothing fancy but just want to have a good quality pictures. Main use is to use it when on vacation to capture nice views/scenery. I tried to read the manual but whew, its overwhelwing for people like me that havent own camera with manual/different settings. Do you mind if you share how you set up you rec menu (P mode). Also i tried to take some close up photos but could not do it, it wont focus :confused: Thanks in advance.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome Meg and congratulations on your G2! Believe it or not, you will get a handle on how the camera works, though I know at first it can be overwhelming. If you haven't yet, I'd suggest you take a look at the Panasonic forum where you'll find a lot of people who'll be glad to help. I'm sure Don (Streetshooter) will get back to you here, too.

Although I'm not familiar with the G2, I posted a sticky at the top of the page in the Panasonic forum that links to Panasonic's website... I just took a look and found this: Panasonic DMC-G2K Support and Service Information Perhaps it will be of some help? Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Panasonic Camera forum, Meg. The members here are great and usually extremely helpful.

Welcome aboard!:flowers_2:

MEG3020

New to Mu-43
Welcome Meg and congratulations on your G2! Believe it or not, you will get a handle on how the camera works, though I know at first it can be overwhelming. If you haven't yet, I'd suggest you take a look at the Panasonic forum where you'll find a lot of people who'll be glad to help. I'm sure Don (Streetshooter) will get back to you here, too.

Although I'm not familiar with the G2, I posted a sticky at the top of the page in the Panasonic forum that links to Panasonic's website... I just took a look and found this: Panasonic DMC-G2K Support and Service Information Perhaps it will be of some help? Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Panasonic Camera forum, Meg. The members here are great and usually extremely helpful.

Welcome aboard!:flowers_2:

Ok thanks for the link. I look around this website and trying to see if there's a forum for beginners like me. Again thanks.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Meg, we're all beginners in one way or another. All questions are welcome because the chances are someone else has the same or similar one and just hasn't asked them yet. Feel free to check back to some of my earliest posts.:biggrin: Digital was brand spanking new to me.

I only suggested the Panasonic Forum because it's devoted to their cameras and that's where you'll get more "eyes" and answers than in this forum. So please, check back here for Don's response, and/or start a new thread over in the Panny forum.:thumbup:

Latest threads

Top Bottom