1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello All

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by photobizzz, Sep 1, 2011.

1. photobizzz

photobizzz Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Just wanted to drop my first post and introduce myself.

My name is Colin and I am new to m4/3rds. I have used Olympus 4/3rds cameras extensively but have just picked up an EPL-1 and am loving it. I was first and foremost a film shooter for a lot of years but as I am in the military it is impossible to develop film while in the desert so I have reluctantly accepted digital and warmed to it slowly. I had tried DSLRs several times before and do currently own a DSLR (Nikon D5000 I'll soon be selling :smile: ) but never like the feel as I prefer rangefinder cameras. The EPL-1 has solved my issues and with a Konica AR to m4/3rds adapter I am happy as a pig in slop.

I currently have a Konica Hexanon 40/1.8 and have a 50/1.4 and 28/3.5 in them mail. I would love to get my hands on some of the older LTM lenses I used to own like a Canon 50/1.2 LTM but that will have to wait for now.

I did just purchase a VF-2 EFV (in the mail) so I am hoping having a viewfinder to look though will make my EPL-1 more comfortable to use as I have never liked holding a camera out at arms length to shoot.

Anyway glad to have found the forum and look forward to pitching in when I can.

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Colin! I think you will love the EVF in the bright sunlight there. Best of luck and look forward to seeing your images!

3. photobizzz

photobizzz Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011