Hello All

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Cheddarchick, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Cheddarchick

Cheddarchick Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2011
    Just stumbled into this site...It's great!. I am thinking about the Oly E-pl2 as an underwater camera. I presently shoot a Oly SP-350 that I love, mostly....It is just to slow for underwater action. Has anyone here have the E-pl2 they have taken underwater????
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome to the forum - no underwater experience but hopefully someone else has.
  3. Plimsol

Plimsol Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    Belgium, Antwerp
    Welcome to the forum and no underwater experience.
  4. Cheddarchick

Jun 11, 2011
    Thanks Guys.
    I guess the worst thing about my old SP350 is the time it takes to be able to snap the next shot. It seems like it take forever to write the file to the card if you are shooting raw files...Is the Pen better???
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the Forum!

Hello Cheddarchick welcome aboard.

I seem to recall someone posting UW pics several weeks ago. I have no experience with UW and Oly / Panny so can not be of much help on that front.

I'd suggest you create a thread in the "other Genres" forum, and title it.

Help with E-PL2 Underwater. I'm sure you'll get several helpful replies.

Hope to see some of your work in the near future.

6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome! I saw a Post sometime ago about underwater shots with the e-pl1, don't remember of here or on dpreview.

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
  7. Phil B

Phil B Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    I've not taken my E-PL1 underwater yet but in normal use shooting raw at full size (12mp), the writing to card is not really quick. I've yet to try it with a class 10 sdhc card which I believe will help the write times.

I guess it all depends on the size of file you want with what you intend to do with your photos. I've seen quite a few photos taken underwater with the E-PL1 and they look good.
  8. Cheddarchick

Jun 11, 2011
    Hmmm Lucky The link doesn't work. It comes up with no results. I'll try searching myself...Thank you though...
  9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hmm, it musn't remember the search term. Just hit the "search" option near the top right of the page and search for underwater. There's quite a few threads, mostly on the E-PL1 I think.
  10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't know about the E-PL2, but Olympus cameras have always been very popular for divers. I guess the weather sealing in our DSLRs give that extra sense of security as well. ;) I can't imagine that the E-PL2 would do anything but carry on that tradition, now in a nice compact form.

As for operating speeds, it's plenty fast. The E-PL2 is the most responsive PEN camera made to date.
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard ... I am underwater ... but I think in a sense different than what you seek. Good luck with your quest and I'm looking forward to seeing your images.

12. grimloki

grimloki New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2011
    Welcome to the forum!
  13. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hi Cheddarchick....are you possibly a chick from Cheddar UK?
  14. Cheddarchick

Jun 11, 2011
    LOL..A chick from Wisconsin...
  15. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Well, that is interesting. I have been to Cheddar which is a very small town or village in England where the cheese was originally created!