Hello all

Real Name
Steve
Hi all, my name is Stephen but I'm known as Steve. I have been a Canon digi man for about 10 years, when the Oly E-10 11 came out I thought it would be a good travel cam and it looked like my OM1n :) I have been so impressed with it I've now sold all of my large collection of Canon stuff and built a modest collection of Oly lenses - 14-42 kit; 14-150 11; 60mm macro; 25mm 1.8 prime; 75-300 and an old 4/3 9-18 with an adapter (the 72 filter thread works well with a step ring and my various 77mm filters). The Canon stuff was brilliant, but too cumbersome.

The quality (and size) of the entry level kit I have will be fine for the casual photography I tend to do. I have a small dedicated studio and like to take head and shoulder portraits, mainly using a single beauty dish. I am a hobbyist with no ambition of being anything else :)

DefectiveMonk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Welcome. EM10ii was also my gateway drug to M43 from Canon. Like you I sold all my Canon gear. I think you'll find much to enjoy on the forum. I certainly have.

Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the welcome, I'll continue the intro with a bit more info. I love the small size of the E-10 ll and its entry level lenses, and as I look at some of the great shots on here, more often than not they've been taken with the high end M43 gear. Having just received almost £4k (goodness knows how much it must have cost me new, especially as I gave a lot of stuff away!) for my used Canon stuff, I'm in no hurry to get into consumerism for the sake of it, it is a failing of mine :)

Hopefully I'll have something new (as in pics) to post soon, the M43 has given me back my mojo. I'm not expecting the same level of poor light focusing and performance I got with my 6D, nor am I expecting sports shots to compete with the 7D with 2.8 70-200 bolted on - but that stuff was mostly left at home, along with the huge backpack that held it, my super-duper M43 stuff is all contained in a shoulder bag and my pretty little Billingham bag will act as my day to day carrier.

Latest threads

Top Bottom