Hello all from Richmond, Virginia, USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by danmouer, Jun 13, 2010.

1. danmouer

danmouer New to Mu-43

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm Dan, age 64, a retired anthropologist/archaeologist and no "working" as an artist/photographer. Got my first camera when I was 4, my first darkroom at 13, and I've carried a camera with me everywhere for nearly all my life.

My main rig these days is a Sony DSLR with a whole host of Sony and Minolta Lenses. However, I still remember lovingly back in the late 60s and 70s when I worked in NYC toting a brace of Leica M3s and the hole complement of four lenses. So several years ago I bought a Cosina/Vogtlander Bessa Rm3 to get back to that rangefinder feeling, and I've had a number of shows based on my "street" work.

While I'll never give up all my film cameras, or using film from time to time, like many others I no primarily shoot digits and the micro 4/3 cameras are appealing to me mightily as a very attractive substitute for a Leica or Bessa. I'm about to make my decision which camera to pick up for my first, and at the time I am leaning heavily towards the Pen E-PL1, not least because of its value. I must admit that the Panasonic GF1 sings to me as well.

I look forward to folks here helping me with my decision, and guiding me through the brave new world of micro 4/3 photography.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Dan, you've come to the right place!
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Dan - lots of good advice here.
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Dan ! Thanks for joining us.
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Dan - very glad you found your way here! It will be interesting to see which camera you decide to go with, and even more interesting to see the photos you take with your new :43:. :biggrin:
  6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany