Hello all from Richmond, Virginia, USA

danmouer

New to Mu-43
I'm Dan, age 64, a retired anthropologist/archaeologist and no "working" as an artist/photographer. Got my first camera when I was 4, my first darkroom at 13, and I've carried a camera with me everywhere for nearly all my life.

My main rig these days is a Sony DSLR with a whole host of Sony and Minolta Lenses. However, I still remember lovingly back in the late 60s and 70s when I worked in NYC toting a brace of Leica M3s and the hole complement of four lenses. So several years ago I bought a Cosina/Vogtlander Bessa Rm3 to get back to that rangefinder feeling, and I've had a number of shows based on my "street" work.

While I'll never give up all my film cameras, or using film from time to time, like many others I no primarily shoot digits and the micro 4/3 cameras are appealing to me mightily as a very attractive substitute for a Leica or Bessa. I'm about to make my decision which camera to pick up for my first, and at the time I am leaning heavily towards the Pen E-PL1, not least because of its value. I must admit that the Panasonic GF1 sings to me as well.

I look forward to folks here helping me with my decision, and guiding me through the brave new world of micro 4/3 photography.

Dan

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom