1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello all, from CheezHead land :)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jhosper, Mar 27, 2012.

1. jhosper

jhosper New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2012
    Green Bay, WI
    Hi everyone,

I just thought I would introduce myself. I am civil engineering tech at an consulting engineering firm in Green Bay. I'm interested in getting into m43 photography because I'm tired of poor quality images from compact cameras. I have used all kinds of compact digital cameras over the years and need something better.

My first digital camera was a Kodak DC200 with a large 4MB card, it died of unknown causes and ate 4 "AA" batteries in less than 50 shots. Several unimportant cameras later I had a Panasonic TZ1 with 7 spare batteries which was great in good light but died of water & sand damage at a beach but survived Africa. During a trip to Patagonia I lost my next travel zoom, the Fuji F300EXR, which fell down a crack in a glacier never to be found again. No idea if the camera produced great images since it was brand new on that vacation. My current 'rugged' Canon SD1200 is very pocketable but doesn't produce the quality I'm looking for, has no user controls & is due for replacement.

Unrelated items: I have traveled quite a bit over the last 10 years so if you want to know more about the Netherlands, England, Kenya, Tanzania, Argentina, Chili, Canada or the US please let me know.

Thanks,
    J. Hosper

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    welcome from another cheddar

3. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Scenic Sauk County here...

4. Ralser

Ralser Mu-43 Regular

May 28, 2011
    Madcity here

GH2, 14-42, 14, 20, zuiko 50 f1.8

5. randyjlarson

randyjlarson New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2012
    Iowa County, Wisconsin
    Just registered myself-beautiful Iowa County

6. jhosper

jhosper New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2012
    Green Bay, WI
    Thanks ya'll.

Any of you know a physical store that sells m43 besides Best Buy? I haven't found any around GB.

7. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ya hey dere!

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Ritz Camera in Milwaukee has the Olys and the GH2
    Art's Camera's in Milwaukee only has the PEN last time I looked. m4/3 is poorly represented in MKE

9. Hello from Bayfield Co. Home of Packer, Bear & Viking fans (during tourist/seasonal resident season).

10. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Welcome Jhosper! Good to have you!