Helios Viewfinder + GF1

Atto

New to Mu-43
Hello, I just received my Helios viewfinder and I want to share with you.
Framelines for 35, 85 and 135mm. I will use it mostly with the pancake.

What do you think? is not cute?

4208166043_bce47a03fe_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4208165691_385f0fe523_o.jpg

4208166389_afbfb54b76_o.jpg

eolake

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, really cute. I like using a screen, but maybe I'll consider this.
Price?
how close is the 35mm lines to the 20mm capture?

And how much space is there outside the 35mm lines? (I think that's an advantage to a viewfinder, if you can see what's outside the frame.)

eolake

Mu-43 Regular
Hey, it seems I can get that viewfinder for only £20! (About $30.) Dang cheap. I'm biting, that's reasonable even for just a day's play.

Atto

New to Mu-43
Eolake, using 3:2 format is very accurate the VF compared to the pancake. Also 4:3 is pretty easy to use.

Remember: no parallax compensation, distances minor than 2 meters you need to compensate using your brain.

I picked up one of these as well (on ebay).
It works well, but you do have to get used to it. With the 20mm lens you have to estimate that what will be in the final shot lies a bit outside of the lines indicated for 35mm.
I'm using 3:2 myself.

svenjosh

New to Mu-43
Really like the leather grip. Can you give a link from where you purchased from?

Sven

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
welcome svenjosh

Hi svenjosh, Atto hasn't been on the forum in quite some time - however, you could send him a Private Message and see if he responds? In the meantime, perhaps another member will be able to help you out. You might check out the Accessories forum where there are quite a few threads about different "skins" and grips, etc.

And finally - welcome to mu43.com! If you care to, please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions thread. Hope to you'll continue to become involved in discussions and more.:flowers_2:

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
Helios viewfinder

I picked up this same viewfinder a couple of years ago (11,50 GBP/17,50 USD) because I've got a Bessa T and L which don't have viewfinders. I have VC 25mm, 35mm and two 50mm lenses. The T came with a VC 50mm and a separate hotshoe- mounted VC viewfinder which I will be able to use on the E-PL1 with the VC 25mm. The T is the 101 anniversary edition and the viewfinder is lovely:

Bessa_Ts.jpg

I'll try to use the 85 brightlines for the 35mm and the 125 for the 50mm - at least better than nothing. I have read how pleased people are with the VF2 EVF - but I think it's horrible. It completely ruins the clean lines of the body-IMO. If I find it really difficult to use in bright sunlight I'll have to consider it - but until then I might try a pop-up LCD hood. I started a thread earlier - but no replies yet. :frown:

Latest threads

Top Bottom