1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED HELIOS optical viewfinder

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Luke, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I am offering up for sale a Helios optical viewfinder. It is marked with brightlines for 35mm, 85mm and 135mm focal lengths. It comes in a handsome little carrying case. I paid $70 for it and used it a few times before letting it sit in a drawer for 6 months.

$50 gets it into your mailbox anywhere in the world.

I have tons of feedback on eBay under user name mikeslps (and more recently mikeslps_2)

P1020129 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

2. w4rmk

w4rmk New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Apr 19, 2011
    Do you know how well this might work on an E-PL2 at those focal lengthes?

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    It should work fine. If you like to send me your Oly, I'd be happy to try it out ;)

But seriously, I just used the 35mm lines on my Panasonic with the 20mm (40mm effective) attached and was in the right ballpark. If you like the optical viewfinder experience, you'll soon find out where the image falls relative to the lines.

Don't forget about the crop factor when thinking about this. If you have the 17mm lens for the oly, you'll be using the 35mm lines.

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I thought there were a bunch of people crying out for an optical viewfinder in a rangefinder-style body. Here's an inexpensive way to try it out. You supply the rangefinder-style body and I'll supply you with the optical viewfinder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.