Helios 44M

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dixeyk, Oct 13, 2010.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    This is my first Russian lens (or would that be Soviet lens since it says made in U.S.S.R. on the side?) and I am really quite impressed. It's very well made, has nice smooth well damped action and the images are terrific. I have a Konica 57/1.4 that won't get used anymore because of this lens. The color is just marvelous and it's really quite sharp. The only thing I would change (and its very very minor) is that I wish I could get a bit closer with it. It's minimum focus distance is a bit longer than I'd like but that just takes a bit of getting used to.

Here are some snaps

Kevin

2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I'm glad to see that you are putting it to good use, I think this is a really nice copy of this lens.

Stefan

3. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    Amen to that.

4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi,

glad you like your new lens !
    I've also found one last week on a local second hand market.
    It was attached to a ZENIT EM, Moskva1980 Edition, and I got it for 15.00 all together :biggrin:

If you want to shoot a bit closer up, just get yourself a set of extension rings.
    Those should be readily available in M42 @ evilbay

M42 extension ring items - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Mine's great, so well-built and competent.
    I don't ever use it because everything else is smaller ...

6. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    I am replacing a Konica 57/1.4 with it which is about the same size so its not bothering me so much. I do wonder why the M42 adapter is so long. Doesn't seem like it needs to be as long as it is.

Kevin