Helios 44M

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dixeyk, Oct 13, 2010.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    This is my first Russian lens (or would that be Soviet lens since it says made in U.S.S.R. on the side?) and I am really quite impressed. It's very well made, has nice smooth well damped action and the images are terrific. I have a Konica 57/1.4 that won't get used anymore because of this lens. The color is just marvelous and it's really quite sharp. The only thing I would change (and its very very minor) is that I wish I could get a bit closer with it. It's minimum focus distance is a bit longer than I'd like but that just takes a bit of getting used to.

Here are some snaps

Kevin

2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm glad to see that you are putting it to good use, I think this is a really nice copy of this lens.

Stefan

3. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    Amen to that.

4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi,

glad you like your new lens !
    I've also found one last week on a local second hand market.
    It was attached to a ZENIT EM, Moskva1980 Edition, and I got it for 15.00 all together :biggrin:

If you want to shoot a bit closer up, just get yourself a set of extension rings.
    Those should be readily available in M42 @ evilbay

M42 extension ring items - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Mine's great, so well-built and competent.
    I don't ever use it because everything else is smaller ...

6. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    I am replacing a Konica 57/1.4 with it which is about the same size so its not bothering me so much. I do wonder why the M42 adapter is so long. Doesn't seem like it needs to be as long as it is.

Kevin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.